Catching an 11:30 flight with 7:30 disembarkation in Vancouver

dhennen

Our Princess cruise disembarks at Canada Place in Vancouver at 7:30 AM on Saturday, August 22, 2015. We need to fly back to the US, so we'll have to clear customs.

Our flight choices are:

• Cruise transfer to airport, 12:45 PM flight, 1 layover, flight time 6h 14m.
  • Taxi or Canada Line to airport, 11:35 AM flight, direct, flight time 4h 15m.

Princess says we shouldn't book a flight before 12:00. But if we self-disembark will we have time to catch the 11:35 flight?

We have a friend in Vancouver that might meet us at the airport for a very quick lunch. Is there time for that in either scenario?

Thank you all. I've found you guys to be so very helpful!

Might be doable but I think that is really cutting it close. YVR requires 1 1/2 (or maybe 2 hours - can't remember which for sure) advance check-in for international flights. Won't take much of a glitch to occur to make you miss your flight :eek:.

...VTX-Al

Our Princess cruise disembarks at Canada Place in Vancouver at 7:30 AM on Saturday, August 22, 2015. We need to fly back to the US, so we'll have to clear customs.

Our flight choices are:

• Cruise transfer to airport, 12:45 PM flight, 1 layover, flight time 6h 14m.
  • Taxi or Canada Line to airport, 11:35 AM flight, direct, flight time 4h 15m.

Princess says we shouldn't book a flight before 12:00. But if we self-disembark will we have time to catch the 11:35 flight?

We have a friend in Vancouver that might meet us at the airport for a very quick lunch. Is there time for that in either scenario?

Thank you all. I've found you guys to be so very helpful!

Lunch at YVR is great idea with it's many restaurants. They even have sushi! However to be realistic..... it's not practical unless you are departing after 2pm or your Vancouver friends joins you POST security by catching a flight too.

Working backwards....

• 11:35 wheels up
  • 9:35 is when you check-in and get your security checks
  • 8:45 is the latest you want to be catching a cab
  • 7:50 is my guess you will be ready for a cab.

Here's what I think....

• 7:30am self debark
  • 7:50am.... get a cab to YVR
  • arrive at 8:30am for breakfast/brunch. This gives you one hour to eat and catch up. If not dining in the food court, mention your flight details to your server for expedited service at the sit down restaurants. Love Dim Sum/Sushi.
  • 9:35am... proceed with check in.

If your friend books a flight somewhere... he can join you post security for a longer lunch.

Edited by xlxo