BA cruise port to BA hotel

cruiselovers20

We will be arriving to the Buenos Aires cruise port and would like to know what are our options to get from the port to our BA hotel upon arrival? We appreciate to learn about any experiences/suggestions that can help us out with this part of our travel planning.

thanks!

There is an ever-present taxi mafia that will overcharge, but depending exactly where your hotel is, you can expect to pay $10 - 15. Maybe 20 if you are located in Palermo.

The alternative to paying off the mafia is to simply walk across the street and hail a street cab. Pay $5-7 in pesos (65-85 pesos or so) to anywhere in the Recoleta, bags included.

It's not as easy as it sounds. We tried that alternative and the taxis across the street didn't dare offering us a trip. And we noticed the taxi mafia's eyes were on the taxis waiting there all the time. So we were forced to use one of the taxis waiting in line in front of the port and paid 4 times as much compared to the trip TO the port when our hotel concierge called a taxi for us at the hotel.

An alternative is to book a private driver or a tour starting at the terminal.

I don't know if it's possible to call the hotel from the port and pre-order a taxi from there. It wasn't an option for us because we don't speak Spanish.

Good luck! This year we chose the cruise line's transfer offer to avoid the hassle at the port.

Hailing an independent cab is doable notwithstanding the presence of the Argentine taxicab driver mafia barbarians. Just walk up a bit away from the cruise ship line. Cabs travel on the street fronting the terminal with great regularity. Not all are intimidated from stopping. I have ported from BA terminal 4 times in the last year and was able to hail a cab without too much difficulty.

Edited by pmacher61

Our Hotel ( Etoile) arranged for a driver to meet us at the airport and then called a cab for us to go to port, a short ride. Don't see why they couldn't do it in reverse. We communicated via email ehich was teanslated.

If you want a guide to meet you and give yoy a tour, i can most highly recommend Fabian of Cultural Cercana. By far the best tour iof our trip and we have some other great tours.

We disembarked with a wad of cash (to exchange for blue pesos. I love a bargain), and several suitcases stuffed full of clothing for four seasons.

I would normally avoid the higher cost options and go for a regular cab but neither of us felt like hailing a cab from the street with so much loot. Rather than reward the taxi mafia, we had the hotel send us a car....it was more expensive than a regular taxi, for sure, but we had the hotel put it on our bill and paid in discounted/blue pesos, which offset some though not all of the difference.

It was worth it to us to pay a little more for the safety and convenience.

Our Hotel ( Etoile) arranged for a driver to meet us at the airport and then called a cab for us to go to port, a short ride. Don't see why they couldn't do it in reverse. We communicated via email ehich was teanslated.

If you want a guide to meet you and give yoy a tour, i can most highly recommend Fabian of Cultural Cercana. By far the best tour iof our trip and we have some other great tours.

Holly,

Would you mind me asking how much that cost and how you paid for it?