Where to find square footage of cabins?

New2cruise1483

I'm doing some research on possibly sailing Carnival in the future. When looking at the specific ships and staterooms on the website, however, I can't seem to find where it tells you the square footage of the staterooms that I'm looking at. Can somebody please point me in the right direction to find this info? Thanks in advance :)

There are some unique rooms within the category that will have a different square footage. Plus, some categories (even the typical room) are misrepresented by the numbers. I have measured many, as I'm a pretty good judge of size difference & just couldn't believe some of the stats I was told by these websites. My measurements have proven many of these numbers wrong & many others correct. Even when it comes to the typical rooms within a category on a ship, I have found many errors in their reports of size, mostly concerning interiors.

There are some unique rooms within the category that will have a different square footage. Plus, some categories (even the typical room) are misrepresented by the numbers. I have measured many, as I'm a pretty good judge of size difference & just couldn't believe some of the stats I was told by these websites. My measurements have proven many of these numbers wrong & many others correct. Even when it comes to the typical rooms within a category on a ship, I have found many errors in their reports of size, mostly concerning interiors.

Rooms are measured per the architectural drawings...the point of measurement is the center of the surrounding walls and includes bathrooms, closets, alcoves, attached furniture, etc. Staterooms are modular, are built and completely furnished in their own factories and then are craned into their spots. And yes, some units will vary in size due to their location on ship and their odd configurations.

And I applaud anyone who takes along a tape measure...what does the poster do when the room doesn't "measure up" to the sizes listed in the sales literature?

I'm doing some research on possibly sailing Carnival in the future. When looking at the specific ships and staterooms on the website, however, I can't seem to find where it tells you the square footage of the staterooms that I'm looking at. Can somebody please point me in the right direction to find this info? Thanks in advance :)

What are your specific concerns...are you looking to maximize space etc? Are you concerning about sitting space etc.?

If you tell us what ship you are looking at then we can probably give you a better idea. For example, on the Conquest class ships and many others, if you go for a "standard" balcony - they are basically all the same when you are talking middle of the ship. Likewise the OV on the Fantasy class are "mostly" the same; you will find a bed, a chair in the corner and a window - no couch. The same is true for the insides. It's only when you get to the edges, in an area that backs up to a stairwell, etc, that you really start to see different shapes.

Also, if you can narrow it to a specific room, you can often pull up pictures to get a feel simply by searching the ship and room number.

it's hard to answer an open-ended question regarding the thousands of cabins across all the ships with any certainty... especially without a room category...

in the most basic manner of answering the question though:

fantasy class:

interior 185 sq ft, oceanview 185 sq ft, balconies (on select ships) 185 sq ft + 35 sq ft balcony = 220 sq ft, obstructed / junior suites 220 + 30 = 250 sq ft, grand suite 330 + 70 = 400 sq ft

spirit class

interior 185, oceanview 185, obstructed balcony 185 + 40 = 225, balcony 185 + 40 = 225, aft balcony 185 + 60 = 245, junior suite 275 + 40 = 315, ocean suite 275 + 85 = 360, grand suite 300 + 115 = 415, vista suite = 245 + 220 = 465 sq ft

destiny / triumph / sunshine / conquest / splendor / dream class

interior 185, oceanview 220, balconies 185 + 35 = 220, aft oceanview 185 + 60 - 245, junior suite 275 + 50 = 325, ocean suite 275 + 65 = 340, grand suite 345 + 85 = 430

those are the standard cabin types on those type ships, and does not include the many oddball cabins that vary from class to class and even ship to ship, like 9a, 9b, 9c, 6j, 6k, CS, etc.

I go to cruisedeckplans dot com for cabin info.

For Carnival ships, I select the ship like the Miracle, at the top I click on ship info and then a link to "extra detail provided by Carnival". Following the links I come to a page for cabin by cabin information for that ship's class information.