Steakhouse WINE PROMO !!

Tom-n-Cheryl

We were on Liberty in January, and were at the steakhouse the first night. We were offered the free bottle or the 50%off. We asked about more than 1 bottle, and we're told "of course!"

However... every bottle had to be opened. He poured a "taste" of each, then they were recorked and sent to the cellar that we could ask for in the MDR.

They also told us the same offer was valid in our 3rd night....formal night. We made a reservation that night, too. Night 1 we bought 2 bottles at 50% (one for that night, one for the next in the MDR). Night 3 we bought 4 bottles at 50% off to last the rest of the cruise (minus one night...We had 2 bottles we carried on!)

We have a reservation for the first night on Breeze in May (girl's cruise!) I'm hoping maybe be able to get an "extra" bottle....unopened....that I can bring home to surprise the hubby. :D

There's always that one cheap guy that has to try to squeeze more out of the deals and promotions. This will be cancelled soon too, with people like you bugging the crap out of the restaurant workers.

Wow. Just wow.

Since I have three nights of reservations in the steakhouse, I hope to ask if they will hold the bottles in the steakhouse, for use in the steakhouse. If they say "no," then that's the end of it.

But, since you brought it up, please enlighten me on what deals and promotions have been lost because of people "like me"?

Edited by Pops, Esq.

There's always that one cheap guy that has to try to squeeze more out of the deals and promotions. This will be cancelled soon too, with people like you bugging the crap out of the restaurant workers.

Really? When your in this kind of mood~ Just. Stop. Posting.

Nothing wrong with asking nicely. They are still making a nice profit on the bottle of wine even at half price.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all! Just Saying!!:D

Pat

We were on Liberty in January, and were at the steakhouse the first night. We were offered the free bottle or the 50%off. We asked about more than 1 bottle, and we're told "of course!"

However... every bottle had to be opened. He poured a "taste" of each, then they were recorked and sent to the cellar that we could ask for in the MDR.

We considered doing this--except ordering multiple bottles to pair with each course, and just having a glass of each, and sending the rest to the cellar. We wanted vastly different options for our courses, though, so that tossed good pairing out of the window! :rolleyes:

going on the Valor last fall

since royal C usually does something similar according to some posters

we are on FOS in a month, but, are about to decide to pass on chops for night one, I do have a bottle being delivered to the room with a fruit basket and will take two bottles ourselves so we may not try it, but FOS has three specialty restaurants so they may offer something like this that we might try later in the cruise

too bad the ecstasy doesn't have a steakhouse to try this on!

we have done the chef's table before but wine is included on that:)

We were just off the Conquest a few weeks ago and went to the steakhouse the first night. We purchased the first bottle at 50% off and then asked about getting a second bottle for later. They allowed us to purchase the second bottle, however, had they had to open it and provide us with at least a taste. We then had the option to take it with us or have them re-corked it for another night in the Steakhouse. It would not have been available for us in the MDR.

We were going to the steakhouse another night anyways, so we just had them save it for us that night.

We were just off the Conquest a few weeks ago and went to the steakhouse the first night. We purchased the first bottle at 50% off and then asked about getting a second bottle for later. They allowed us to purchase the second bottle, however, had they had to open it and provide us with at least a taste. We then had the option to take it with us or have them re-corked it for another night in the Steakhouse. It would not have been available for us in the MDR.

We were going to the steakhouse another night anyways, so we just had them save it for us that night.

We'll be on the Conquest's April 24th sailing and I've made reservations for the 2nd night of the cruise. Do you recall if the promo extends the first two nights, or only the first night?

We'll be on the Conquest's April 24th sailing and I've made reservations for the 2nd night of the cruise. Do you recall if the promo extends the first two nights, or only the first night?

We made a reservation for the first night on the Magic. We got a reply that they have the free bottle or 50% off for the first night and the first elegant night.

If that is your second night that may be how the deal happens that day...

We made a reservation for the first night on the Magic. We got a reply that they have the free bottle or 50% off for the first night and the first elegant night.

If that is your second night that may be how the deal happens that day...

Thanks. I do believe that is a formal night. I also have posed this questions to the Steakhouse manager as well. Hoping they will tell me.

My wife and I have never tried Dom Perignon, but would like to take advantage of the special for this dinner if available.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

• 2 months later...
We boarded the Sunshine on Saturday. As is customary for us, we’re booked in the Steakhouse for each evening. On the first night we always opt for a bottle of Dom Perignon. Onboard it’s typically twice the cost of the best price you’ll find online. Imagine my surprise on that first night when we were told of their “wine promo” which applies to all bottles purchased on the first two nights. Basically it’s 50% off… and that’s nothing to sneeze at!

So, in addition to the bottle we usually enjoy on the first night we also purchased two bottles of Caymus for the second evening since we were enjoying that meal with another couple.

At the end of that meal last night I went ahead and purchased 4 more bottles to enjoy the other evenings. That 50% promo is for bottles purchased those two evenings, not necessarily consumed then. GREAT DEAL !

I'm not sure if this is fleet wide, or if it's limited to the Steakhouse. Either way, I'd love to see this continue !

i-STm8rBW-XL.jpg

Tom

You got an AMAZING deal. Wow!

This thread is the reason why I rsvp'd for the steakhouse on the first night when we go next month. Thanks! So excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by mibarron

• 1 month later...

I e mailed reservations to ask the same question at Carnival, I was informed that one bottle is available up to four persons, two bottles up to eight, etc.

Whilst I appreciate the gesture of the free booze, it does appear to be a bit mean of Carnival to not apply a free bottle per couple rule IMHO [emoji485]

I e mailed reservations to ask the same question at Carnival, I was informed that one bottle is available up to four persons, two bottles up to eight, etc.

Whilst I appreciate the gesture of the free booze, it does appear to be a bit mean of Carnival to not apply a free bottle per couple rule IMHO [emoji485]

Book two separate tables - close together? LOL - each table/couple would then get their own bottle of wine!