How many days out do they start upgrading/upselling?

Cruisin'Allie

I've been checking my Liberty cruise to see how many cabins are still available just out of curiosity. I noticed tonight that a 10 cabin block of OV cabins are available (don't know the category but not the first tier of OV). I know the site only shows 10 at a time so I thought it was unusual for five on port side and five on starboard directly across from each other to all be vacant. I'm guessing there is more available in the category as well. Do you suppose they'll start moving the lower OVs up (and eventually lowly old me in a basement interior!) or just expect to fill those as is? The price has actually creeped up also. Just wondering if any of you have any words of wisdom :)

We had the same thing on our Valor cruise a couple of weeks ago. Everything was sold out except for several suites down to 1 day before sailing. As we were already in a 9C room, I was expecting an upsell call. It never came. Come to find out, they never filled those suites, and didn't even attempt to drop the price.

Edited by ZJ13820

Wow! No kidding! I guess I'll wait and see if prices drop. Might call them. I am in an interior for the first time (usually book the 4J cabins at least... But since I booked at the last minute, OV was too high). Worried that a nice dark room will make me sleep too late!

Edited by Cruisin'Allie