Shopping And Orient Beach

blondy

Thanks Seattle I appreciate the info. A couple more questions. If they drop you off on a separate beach of Orient beach, can you walk the entire length in reasonable time? To see the entire beach? Any area better than another to be dropped off at? Better to shop first or beach first???

Thanks again.

Thanks Seattle I appreciate the info. A couple more questions. If they drop you off on a separate beach of Orient beach, can you walk the entire length in reasonable time? To see the entire beach? Any area better than another to be dropped off at? Better to shop first or beach first???

Thanks again.

Hi Cruiseseeker:

Depending what time your ship gets to port and you are allowed off, I would shop first. Our ship got to St. Martin early and we were off and in town on Front Street at about 9am. We were able to get the "good luck first deal of the day", I don't know if we really save any more $$ but it is always fun to shop. Make sure you shop around for items, a lot of the shops have the same things, but prices do vary.

We did an excursion to Orient beach and it left the port at 1:45 and gave us about 2 hours at the beach. You will have plenty of time to walk the length of the beach and people watch, just remember that it is a clothing optional, we didn't see too many folks down are way letting it hang out. But we had a lot of fun and the beach is amazing, don't miss it. There are plenty of changing areas, bathrooms and places for refreshments. There are also people selling jewelry, beach towel bags and other items.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I am so jealous.

ENJOY.

If you can shop first and have time to take you purchases back to the ship before an island tour or just a trip to the beach, that is what I would recommend. You DON'T want to worry about your purchases while on the beach. For jewelry, we would recommend Shiva's on Front Street. Dealing with them for over 15 years. Ask if you have questions.

There is ONE Orient Beach. Many of the bars/restaurants have claimed their own names for their particular section of the beack; Bikini, Waikiki, etc, but there is ONE Orient. The beach is a little over a mile and a half long and is one of the finest beaches in the Caribbean.

The only section that is clothing OPTIONAL is to the FAR right, facing the water, at Club Orient. Wander down there if you like, you won't be rejected, but note that no cameras are allowed past Pedro's, and there is a significant security crew to enforce that rule.

Along the entire stretch of Orient you will see topless females, as well as the occasional nude stroller, both male and female. When you get to the Club Orient section, it will probably be close to 75% nude sunbathers.

Front Street shopping is a 20 or 30 minute walk from the exit from the Cruise Port. An 8 or 10 minute ride on the Water Taxi or by cab.

If you're thinking of Front Street for shopping then back to the ship to deposit your purchases, then an all day pass on the water taxi is probably your best bet, by far.

gary

Anyone:

Can we do Front Street, Marigot AND Orient in one day?

If not, what would you suggest, and the order to do them?

Has anyone "hired" a taxi for the day to bring you around where-ever, when-ever you want? What would you offer the taxi driver at a per person rate?

Thanks!

Anyone:

Can we do Front Street, Marigot AND Orient in one day?

If not, what would you suggest, and the order to do them?

Has anyone "hired" a taxi for the day to bring you around where-ever, when-ever you want? What would you offer the taxi driver at a per person rate?

Thanks!

We have done just that.:) Can't remember what the rate was. I forget as soon as we leave the cab. Driver showed us some sites, dropped us in Marigot for some shopping (didn't need the time he gave us), brought us to Orient. He had lunch and chatted with other cabbies behind the bar. We went to the beach. We stayed for awhile, was dropped off on Front St to shop. Much better shopping here:D

Does anyone remember where Rima's is?. Don't remember seeing it, but have purchased several of their sarongs and the beach bag sets. Would like to go there.

Archived