Southampton Terminal 102?

annieuk

For our forthcoming Oceana cruise the website Southampton VTS - showing the arrivals and departures of the cruise ships - has Oceana departing on 9th March from Terminal 102. We return to the Ocean Terminal. Now I've looked up terminal 102 and can't find it. We have just been issued with our E tickets and the terminal of departure is blank but then states the return terminal is the Ocean.

Looking at the VTS site I can't see any other ships berthing at 102 for the next few months. Has anyone any experience of 102? Obviously I can ring P&O and ask but thought someone on here might know about it.

Have no knowledge of 102. The berth next door is the one in general

Use for cruise ships, not P&o or cunard. Perhaps, things are yet to be

Finalised. Berth being, 101.

Isn't 101 Mayflower? Mayflower is currently undergoing refurbishment and redesign so maybe 102 is next to it and is being used temporarily. I have never heard of it being used by cruisers - but what do I know!

Isn't 101 Mayflower? Mayflower is currently undergoing refurbishment and redesign so maybe 102 is next to it and is being used temporarily. I have never heard of it being used by cruisers - but what do I know!

Apologies, totally wrong! 101 is City Terminal and 102 is the northern end of that. See here:

http://www.abports.co.uk/admin/content/files/Port%20plans/Southampton%20Map%202011.pdf

On 9th March, Boudicca is at 101, City Terminal so I would expect that Oceana and Boudicca will be berthed nose to tail and that passengers for both ships will check in at City terminal and segregated for each ship.

This temporary arrangement is probably due to the fact that Britannia will be in as the naming ceremony is 10th March.

Brian

i remember one time we went from southampton we were looking for a three figure number thinking it was a gate number :o when it was actually a berth number. Yes, brayman that map is very good.

hi annie you will find 102 berth by going into dock gate 10 turning left and next turning right you will see a large marque it isa temporary terminal set up when there are more than four cruise ship in yes it,s directly behind 101 berth city cruise terminal witch is also having a make over with 90 check in desk,s to be added ready for rcl antham .o.t sea hope this help,s :)

I am also on Oceana on 9 th March. My eticket has no boarding terminal and the luggage labels won't download. Have emailed them but got a lot of bureaucratic obstruction in response. Not impressed at all. I went green years ago and it has always worked but now wish I hadn't. If I am forced to phone them whoever answers will regret it!

Hi Clodia, we haven't "gone green" so have received the excursion brochure with the luggage labels in the back. I haven't tried to download the E tickets yet - thought I'd wait to see if they put a terminal number in it but it looks as though it's going to be 102 and from what other people have said enter in at Dock gate 8 or 10.

Found it thanks to Annieuk's comments and Brayman's map. But P and O should make it clear!

Still waiting for a response from them on luggage labels which doesn't include "you need to send us this and that and eat a large ant before we will respond" or "please ring our (premium rate) phone number. I have already told them I don't do phones, phone monkeys, call centres or premium rate numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the port website, Oceana 9 March is QEII terminal.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

Check nearer the time, particularly the "planned movements" section.

The ship returns to Ocean terminal.

Brian

Edited by BrianI