Chukka Cove Bike Tour

wdj03

We've got this booked through RCCL (same price as direct booking), but I had a couple of questions for those of you that have done it..

What do you do for lunch?

When you're done on the bikes, you end up at the cove for swimming & such.. When & how do you get back to the dock?

We'd like to hang out at Margaritaville for a while after swimming at the cove - will we have time?

Thanks!

My wife & I did the Mountain to Sea Bike Adventure through RCL & Chukka Cove in 2002. A bus picks you up at the port and takes you to the top of the mountain, probably a 45 minute bus ride. There you get your bike and protective gear (helmet and knee pads). It's about a 7 mile downhill bike ride (mostly on roads, not really mountain biking) that stops about half way down the mountain at the Spicy Grove Tavern for a taste of Jamacian food and refreshments (Red Stipe or soda). Not what I would consider lunch, you'll have to wait until you get back to Margaritaville for lunch. You then continue on to the shore where you can jump into the water from the rocks (about 15 foot drop) or just swim from the coast and refreshments are once again provided (rum punch). They then transport you back to town on the same buses you took to the top of the mountain, probably a 15 minute bus ride. We had a blast. We had plenty of time to eat, drink and enjoy the water slide at Margaritaville until our ship left port.

Archived