Guarantee cabin question

Trish Traveler

It typically does not. However, I am 1 for 1 in having an assignment changed. It was our first cruise 12 years ago. We got an early assignment, then were upgraded to a porthole, which was a higher category than an interior at the time. Then, the day before sailing, we were upgraded to a great oceanview room. Unusual circumstances though, as the ship had mechanical problems, turning our cruise into a cruise-to-nowhere. Many people canceled for refunds, and we got moved up.

we were resently in January assign an interior room and then two weeks before sailing called to free upgrade to balcony. had to accept the change so unless called they will not change an assigned guareentee room once assigned.maybe because now you are tagging bags and printing sheets to get cards have rooms on it.:D

Does Carnival ever change the guarantee cabin assignments once they show a cabin in your reservation? I realize it can be changed at any time by them up to sailing, but for you experienced people, does it happen often?

I've never had a guaranteed room change once it was assigned.