Choosing a superior ocean view stateroom on the Allure

Hello,

New to Royal, we are planning a cruise on the Allure next winter with our adult children, DH and I are looking for a stateroom in the D1 to D8 categorie with an unobstructed view. On which deck should we start looking.

We'll be booking as soon as we get on the Equinox in three weeks.

Thank you.

Josée

We have found deck 6 to be our favorite location, although deck 8 gets a lot of votes here as well. We like deck 6 as it is on the same deck as the Boardwalk, only two decks up to Central Park on deck 8, and 1 deck down to the Promenade, and potentially a few decks from the main dining room. So, we took the stairs a lot, and only took the elevators up or down from the pool deck (15)

There is a lot of walking on these ships--so I would also choose a location near the one of the elevator banks. Mid ship D1 cabins will also have a slightly larger balcony.

We chose one of the aft boardwalk cabins for the amazing views of the aqua theater and the ocean wake in the back!:cool: Prime decks for this are 10, 11 and 12!;) Deck 14 (I think) is obstructed by a walkway. Will be our first time on Allure. You may want to look at the deck plans or read some of the reviews for better ideas and pictures!:rolleyes:

We chose one of the aft boardwalk cabins for the amazing views of the aqua theater and the ocean wake in the back!:cool: Prime decks for this are 10, 11 and 12!;) Deck 14 (I think) is obstructed by a walkway. Will be our first time on Allure. You may want to look at the deck plans or read some of the reviews for better ideas and pictures!:rolleyes:

I have the RCCL brochure in front of me but there is no mention of the lifeboats location. My only cruising experience has been on the Equinox and deck 6 can be an issue.

I have the RCCL brochure in front of me but there is no mention of the lifeboats location. My only cruising experience has been on the Equinox and deck 6 can be an issue.

The life boats do not obstruct the view, unless you are looking straight down to the water over the railing, and then you will see them.

Another input.... We love Deck 8 which is the deck that Central Park is located. We like going from one end of the ship to the other via Central Park instead of by walking past door after door after door down a corridor.

It was also a quick trip to Park Cafe in the morning for a quick coffee and pastry. An added bonus (for us as wine drinkers anyway) was the excellent proximity to Vintages.

Another input.... We love Deck 8 which is the deck that Central Park is located. We like going from one end of the ship to the other via Central Park instead of by walking past door after door after door down a corridor.

It was also a quick trip to Park Cafe in the morning for a quick coffee and pastry. An added bonus (for us as wine drinkers anyway) was the excellent proximity to Vintages.

Thank you Janet524 for letting us know about Vintages, we also are wine drinkers.

Josée

Hello,

New to Royal, we are planning a cruise on the Allure next winter with our adult children, DH and I are looking for a stateroom in the D1 to D8 categorie with an unobstructed view. On which deck should we start looking.

We'll be booking as soon as we get on the Equinox in three weeks.

Thank you.

Josée

"That was my main concern when I asked for an advice here."

It helps to be specific when asking a question, your original post did not ask about lifeboats ;) , but it looks like they are on deck 5, even with the jogging track on that deck also. Hope that helps :)

Edited by Jaxsonbrownie

Thank you Janet524 for letting us know about Vintages, we also are wine drinkers.

Josée

When you go to Vintages, ask for Gemma. She is a delightful young lady and very knowledgeable about wines. We sailed on Allure in December and she took very good care of us.

"That was my main concern when I asked for an advice here."

It helps to be specific when asking a question, your original post did not ask about lifeboats ;) , but it looks like they are on deck 5, even with the jogging track on that deck also. Hope that helps :)

Yes it did. Sorry for not being specific.

Thank you.