Budget car deal

LPut714

I had booked a 24 hour car rental with Budget for our upcoming Sunshine cruise 2/20-picking up car at the aiport (MCO) on 2/19 and returning to Port Canaveral on 2/20)-originally booked for $56.76 with offer code y937800. Just rechecked rates and now down to $39.12-so more money in my pocket-hope this helps some of you

Edited by LPut714

I had booked a 24 hour car rental with Budget for our upcoming Sunshine cruise 2/20-picking up car at the aiport (MCO) on 2/19 and returning to Port Canaveral on 2/20)-originally booked for $56.76 with offer code y937800. Just rechecked rates and now down to $39.12-so more money in my pocket-hope this helps some of you

Thank you so much. I had a car reserved for my cruise in May and this saved me money each way for a total of about $30. Thats a bucket of beer :)

Does anyone know if you can use the Budget shuttle if you use the Cape Canaveral location for pick up vs the Port Canavaral Shuttle pick up? There is a $9.99 port pick up fee difference and I'm thinking its because of the shuttle. Don't want to book it and end up having to take a taxi for more money.

Edited by girlscruise2011

Don't forget to keep checking your rental prices. I rented a car from Orlando to Port Canaveral in January for our March cruise for $66. Today I cancelled that reservation and rented with the same company for $34! My rental car from the ship back to the airport at the end of the cruise dropped from $77 to $42!

Actually try car rentals dot com (no spaces). I booked a car from Orlando Airport to Port Canavaral precruise for my May cruise final cost less then $18. No credit card needed, pay at pickup.

Car rentals.com is an Expedia company and I've read great reviews. I used the above code for my car after the cruise since it was the same price on both sites. I prefer to book directly with the vendor.

Actually try car rentals dot com (no spaces). I booked a car from Orlando Airport to Port Canavaral precruise for my May cruise final cost less then $18. No credit card needed, pay at pickup.

Car rentals.com is an Expedia company and I've read great reviews. I used the above code for my car after the cruise since it was the same price on both sites. I prefer to book directly with the vendor.

I tried this and on the way from the airport to the port, I got a great (and I mean really great) deal from Alamo. But my TA recommended only going with Budget because they are close to the port. That kind of concerned me. But Budget is 2 or 3 times the price.

We have Budget booked for the return, because its the best price.

I thought ALamo had a shuttle or used enterprise maybe? Can anyone confirm?

CLARIFICATION- I am talking about Port Canaveral... and sailing on Disney.

Edited by cruzinlisa

I tried this and on the way from the airport to the port, I got a great (and I mean really great) deal from Alamo. But my TA recommended only going with Budget because they are close to the port. That kind of concerned me. But Budget is 2 or 3 times the price.

We have Budget booked for the return, because its the best price.

I thought ALamo had a shuttle or used enterprise maybe? Can anyone confirm?

CLARIFICATION- I am talking about Port Canaveral... and sailing on Disney.

There are many about the same distance away. I have used Avis, Thrifty and Dollar before from Cape Canaveral. (Use Cape Canaveral as your search, not Port Canaveral.) When the shuttle takes you to the rental place, you will see others within blocks of each other. If the shuttle is not waiting outside already, we have just called them and they sent one out. Last year the weather was iffy and we didn't get an early start off the ship, so we had to call for a shuttle (but there were shuttles for other rental places waiting).

Astronaut Blvd is the Budget location and .22 miles away when searching Port Canaveral, it is the closest, but here are some others for reference:

Avis is North Atlantic Ave and .94 miles away

Dollar is North Atlantic Ave and .87 miles away

Thrifty is also .87 miles away on North Atlantic Avenue

Enterprise is 1.21 miles away on North Atlantic Ave

Payless is listed as King George Blvd and .94 miles away

Alamo is 6211 N Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral and 1.19 miles away. I am not sure what it is away from exactly, as Cape Canaveral was the search area I listed.

Edited by turning40withMickey
noted they specifically mentioned Alamo so I added it

In my ongoing quest to save every dollar I can, I found a discount code for Budget Car Rental for a free upgrade. We changed out reservation to a compact car and now can get the same car class (intermediate) for the price of a compact. For us it was $4 difference but every bit helps! So we've used discount Bcd# y937800 and then coupon code UUGZ039 for a free single car upgrade. Hope this helps more people!!

Recently booked Alamo insider deal and it was 20 cheaper than budget and it was for an suv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I just tried and it was actually more per day for us than our whole 2 day rental with budget. I'm sure it all depends on pickup location, drop off, days, codes, etc. I've found, for my rental from Sfb to port canaveral, that budget is cheapest then dollar is 2nd. I've also been looking for discount codes anywhere I can.

In my ongoing quest to save every dollar I can, I found a discount code for Budget Car Rental for a free upgrade. We changed out reservation to a compact car and now can get the same car class (intermediate) for the price of a compact. For us it was $4 difference but every bit helps! So we've used discount Bcd# y937800 and then coupon code UUGZ039 for a free single car upgrade. Hope this helps more people!!

I must have got a good deal last week because even using the free upgrade, my Dodge Avenger went up $10 from what I'm booked at.

Thanks for the info though. I'm sure it will help others.

I also used the Budget code and saved almost $40 for a car out of FLL for one day before our cruise out of Port of Miami :)

The Budget drop off is only about a mile from Port, but I wondered if anyone knows if there is a shuttle to port of Miami from MIA airport rental car drop off?

I also used the Budget code and saved almost $40 for a car out of FLL for one day before our cruise out of Port of Miami :)

The Budget drop off is only about a mile from Port, but I wondered if anyone knows if there is a shuttle to port of Miami from MIA airport rental car drop off?

There is a shuttle from Port of Miami to the some of the car rental agencies. I used it a few years ago when I booked and I think it was through Budget. I think a search of these boards might get you a definate answer.