Solo on the Breeze...

rene194215

I decided to do a solo on the Breeze. I did a solo last year on the Paradise and is much smaller obviously. My parents loved the Breeze but I am worried I may get swallowed up by the crowds I expect on board.

Can anyone tell me the most crowded areas on the ship that they have experienced?

I sailed solo on the Breeze this week last year (today is my 60th birthday and I was on board for my 59th!) I've done solo before and I had sailed on the Breeze previously. While I'm not sure what you're looking for regarding crowds - never a problem for me, I can tell you that I loved it.

I spent a lot of time reading by the adult pool. I found a band I really liked and spent a lot of evening time in the "Ocean Plaza" (I think) listening to them. My big mistake was doing the anytime dining. Sometimes I was seated with a group of people and it worked great. But not so much when I was seated with just a couple, especially if they were young. I will only do main dining next time, to be sure I'm with some other solos or at least folks my age. I did enjoy some of the movies on deck. I wandered feeling very comfortable on the ship. I did some activities, but it was really a re-charge and relax time for me. I love the ship, but don't care at all for the Playlist Productions so didn't do much of them. I did, however, enjoy going to the Comedy Club - which WAS usually crowded, but gave me folks to chat with while we were waiting.

I hope it works for you, however you like to enjoy your cruise. Wish I could do it again - right now!

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

When are u traveling? I'm travelling with another middle aged woman but meeting others on the ship. We have so much planned from meet n greet to mini golf tournament to group excursions....the more the merrier!

Beth

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I sailed solo on the Breeze this week last year (today is my 60th birthday and I was on board for my 59th!) I've done solo before and I had sailed on the Breeze previously. While I'm not sure what you're looking for regarding crowds - never a problem for me, I can tell you that I loved it.

I spent a lot of time reading by the adult pool. I found a band I really liked and spent a lot of evening time in the "Ocean Plaza" (I think) listening to them. My big mistake was doing the anytime dining. Sometimes I was seated with a group of people and it worked great. But not so much when I was seated with just a couple, especially if they were young. I will only do main dining next time, to be sure I'm with some other solos or at least folks my age. I did enjoy some of the movies on deck. I wandered feeling very comfortable on the ship. I did some activities, but it was really a re-charge and relax time for me. I love the ship, but don't care at all for the Playlist Productions so didn't do much of them. I did, however, enjoy going to the Comedy Club - which WAS usually crowded, but gave me folks to chat with while we were waiting.

I hope it works for you, however you like to enjoy your cruise. Wish I could do it again - right now!

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!! Hope you did something fun!!!

I guess I am just wondering with all the people will I find a spot at the bar or a seat to eat on the lido... Im not a very open person and I do like to chat I am not one to start a conversation normally :( As you said recharge and relax is what I am planning on!! Well that helps! Thank you!1

When are u traveling? I'm travelling with another middle aged woman but meeting others on the ship. We have so much planned from meet n greet to mini golf tournament to group excursions....the more the merrier!

Beth

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

I am on the Breeze Nov 15th. :D When are you going?

We met several solo cruisers on the Breeze. Get active in your roll call and you'll never be anymore alone than you want. They never complained of being lost in the crowd.

I have to say my roll call is so quiet I can hear a pin drop. There are like 3 of us on there. And the other 2 people are not talking much :( Maybe its early? I don't sail till Nov but I figured the Breeze would have a fairly good toll call going?:o

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!! Hope you did something fun!!!

I guess I am just wondering with all the people will I find a spot at the bar or a seat to eat on the lido... Im not a very open person and I do like to chat I am not one to start a conversation normally :( As you said recharge and relax is what I am planning on!! Well that helps! Thank you!1

A single spot is the easiest to find! I hope you can relax and open up, because if you like to chat, there's always others that look forward to meeting new people.

I have to say my roll call is so quiet I can hear a pin drop. There are like 3 of us on there. And the other 2 people are not talking much :( Maybe its early? I don't sail till Nov but I figured the Breeze would have a fairly good toll call going?:o

It's really early yet! Roll call will definitely pick up and a Meet 'n Greet is a great way to start to get to know people you'll be cruising with.

One thing that worked for me on the Breeze last year is that I bought "Cheers" just so I could try it out. My goal was to reach the limit at least one day, but I never did it. Got to 13 drinks once and maybe 11 a couple days; but EVERYONE when they saw me would ask "what number are you on, Janet?" FYI - I won't buy Cheers again (but probably would if they had keep the long cruise lower rate they offered briefly.)

I hope it works for you. I love sailing solo as the dynamic is so different than when sailing with my husband, friends or a group. I feel kinda selfish because I do whatever I happy-well please!