Why would this aft wrap STILL be available on Magic??

razorbackgirl

well, it is over the spotlight lounge... many will opt for rooms 'sandwiched' between floors of cabins instead to avoid any potential noise... though others will disregard this, for the awesome aft wrap...

it could be the case of maybe those people realized that late and moved, an upgrade to a suite, or a cancellation. there's no way to be sure, but if you're interested, give it a go.

We just got off of the Victory in an aft wrap which connected to our daughter's premium balcony in which the balconies were adjacent. We loved loved loved it! We were right under the lido deck but never heard much noise to speak of. Ours were empty also until closer to sailing so we upgraded and got a great deal. It has certainly spoiled us for other cabin types!

We are cruising on the Magic the 23rd and I have been watching the ship fill up but the aft wrap 6501 is still available... Is this not a good location? tempting to upgrade but don't want to be disappointed... Anyone stayed in this room?

We LOVE aft wraps...if you want to see a picture of the balcony, there is a picture on cruiselinerooms dot com of cabin #6470 on the Magic - the aft on the other side from #6501. If the price was right, that alone would sell me....

We are cruising on the Triumph in March and I had asked our PVP to change our cabin to an AFT on Deck 6. He asked if he could move us to Deck 7 because the cabins on 6 are right above a lounge and he knew I wouldn't care for all the noise drifting up. Maybe this will help you make up your mind on whether or not to change cabins.

But, at the same time, a few years ago we had a corner, wrap-around AFT on the Magic on Deck 7 and loved it. If I can ever afford it I would book it again in a heat beat.

My Mrs and I just left that very room a couple of weeks ago. Don't have too many pictures, but here are a few:

EGHI0005_zps979cb0b6.jpgEGHI0004_zps313f000c.jpgEGHI0015_zps814a54dd.jpgEGHI0029_zps35f2c50f.jpgEGHI0028_zps3503f006.jpg

EGHI0027_zps923c8f0e.jpg

As for noise, there was a Tejano radio station that seemed to have the lounge/comedy club below us in use quite often during the day and occasionally you could hear the bass, but I never heard a thing at night. When it rained, the balcony did seem to collect a little water right in front of the door, but that wasn't a big deal to me. We did put an extra bath mat by the door to keep from tracking in water though.

The balcony is huge (the one picture is from the doorway and really only shows about half of the balcony)/ There are two loungers, two tables, and four regular chairs.

It LOOKS like folks can see straight onto your balcony since it's not covered, but during a cabin crawl we noticed that was not really the case. If someone from above wanted to see what you were doing they would have to stretch out pretty good to have a good view, and if they're doing that, heck with it, let them watch. (I'm not saying we did anything on the balcony and I'm not saying we didn't....just that it could certainly be an option)

I would certainly book this one again. If you have any other questions, lemme know.

We have had that aft wrap on Magic before, and there was a noise issue from the door to the bar slamming in the lounge below, EVERY time a waiter went to fill drink orders. We did get help with this from guest services, but it might have been a temporary fix. (This was 2 yrs. ago.) We LOVE our aft wraps and always try to get one on Empress deck. But an aft wrap with a little noise beats a standard balcony any day.