Cruise Port to Fjord Center in Geiranger

DahliaRW

I'm currently exploring excursion options outside of our cruise line. I'm interested in stopping by the fjord center, but none of the bus tours seem to include this. Is there an easy way to get from the port to the fjord center?

Thanks!

If you're mobile then it is walkable.

You can walk on the road or take a footpath.

When we were there some people walked up the path - some walked up the road.

There isn't a separate pavement for pedestrians on the way up the road.

The path starts at the mouth of the river that flows next to Geiranger - there's a bridge near the mouth and you cross that and go up the path. The path has metal staircases and walkways on the steep sections past the waterfalls.

Yes, none of those stop at the fjord center. I have spent time looking. That's why I'm asking about options here since I have not come across any.

As for walking, I'll have my 5yo with me, walking on a road without sidewalks with her is probably not a safe idea.

There are no tours stopping at the Fjord center.

You either walk or you take a taxi. Maybe you are lucky your ship has a tour that stops there...

The best way to get there is to follow the main road up pass the church and the Union Hotel.

At Union Hotel you cross the bridge and you are there.

For walking back down to the village take the waterfall path.

Even though the road does not have a sidewalk its safe to walk. Just dont go strolling in the middle of the road.

I would think it will take you 15 minutes to walk from the pier to the Fjord center and 20 minutes back down via the waterfall walk.

http://www.verdsarvfjord.no/index.php?lang=en

Edited by I-Cruiser

As for walking, I'll have my 5yo with me, walking on a road without sidewalks with her is probably not a safe idea.

I personally wouldn't be too concerned. When we were there last year there were a lot of pedestrians and the traffic (including buses) was behaving accordingly, taking care, and moving slowly.

A lot of people also took the path. It was properly maintained and the walkways and stairs were in good condition.

My cruise does have an excursion, for a mere $109 I can go see Dalsnibba viewpoint for 15 minutes and then drive down and have an hour at the fjord center. Rediculous cost! I can book an outside tour that includes bus ride to various view points and boat ride through the fjords for $60!

My cruise does have an excursion, for a mere $109 I can go see Dalsnibba viewpoint for 15 minutes and then drive down and have an hour at the fjord center. Rediculous cost! I can book an outside tour that includes bus ride to various view points and boat ride through the fjords for $60!

Try this,

http://www.geirangerfjord.no/english