ROLL CALL: Grand Princess - 10/5/05

greganddavid

Hi everyone!

Just curious: Are any other gay couples sailing on the October 5, 2005 sailing of the Grand Princess (Grand Mediterranean, Venice to Barcelona)?

Both of us have cruised on Princess before and love to make new friends. We're 31 and 40 years old, but it's a vacation so we've decided to be 21 again! :rolleyes: Maybe we have the same shore excursions already planned, or we can help each other find a gay bar in Venice - LOL.

Don't be shy .... drop us a line. You never know - we may spot each other at the Skywalker Lounge or on the gangway. See you there!

Greg & David

A month to go and we're VERY excited!

QUESTION (for fellow Princess cruisers):

Does anyone know what the rules or regulations are in regard to bringing liquor onboard? We've heard that on some cruises, you are not given your duty-free liquor purchase until the end of the cruise. If that's the case, does Princess allow you to bring shoreside liquor purchases onboard? An icy martini on our balcony sounds mmmm Mmmmmm.

Greg & David

I bet you're excited! I'm very eager for my cruise as it's now less than 7 weeks out!! :D :D

In regards to your question about Princess' liquor policy. They allow you to bring one bottle of wine onboard per stateroom but will assess a corkage fee should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room. Any other alcohol is prohibited from being brought onboard (so they say anyway)...

Onboard purchased alcohol from the duty free shops is taken and held until the last night of the cruise. You can order from their alcohol packages in the pre-cruise book you received but it is very costly for their alcohol packages.

You can sneak on your alcohol though as if it's not seen, it's generally allowed on. Most of the people don't say anything. I generally stow mine in my checked baggage pier side and definitely make sure it's insulated from being cracked and it's fine. It always makes it... four cruises now I've done this on.

Officially though, you're not supposed to bring alcohol onboard, with the exception of the one bottle of wine.

~Jake

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we've got 10 days, 244.7 hours, and 14,679.67 minutes before flight time and thought we'd give this forum a last try. We're sure there's got to be more "family" traveling on the same cruise date. :confused: If there's not, we're starting to wonder if we'll be bumping into some wierd convention or tour group that's taking up half the ship. :o In any case, we're sure this will be a blast for us. We've learned quite a bit from this and other forums (FOD parties? Who knew? LOL) and are taking a new perspective with us on our cruise. For those of you sailing on the same date, we may just see you at the Grand Princess FOD party. ;) Happy sailing everyone!

Greg & David

Archived