coral breeze vs x-stream

acwillie

I really want to do the cave tubing but don't know what company to go with. I know everyone has good things to say about alot of them but any bad? Should I stick with carnivals or go with another? oh and we will be there october 14th is that a rainy time of year? should we stick to something else if it is too rainy? ahhh too many questions:confused:

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I really want to do the cave tubing but don't know what company to go with. I know everyone has good things to say about alot of them but any bad? Should I stick with carnivals or go with another? oh and we will be there october 14th is that a rainy time of year? should we stick to something else if it is too rainy? ahhh too many questions:confused:

Thanks

Hi, we are in the process of deciding whether to book with Coral Breeze for snorkeling in Belize. I'm finding mixed reviews which is unfortunate. It seems like people either rave about Coral Breeze (and their snorkeling excusion) or conversely, found them unprofessional (ie. complaints of not showing up, overcrowding the boat, etc.).

The reason I responded to you was to tell you that we did cave tubing with X-stream in June of 2004 and absolutely loved it. It was the best excursion of the cruise. I find myself wishing X-Stream did a snorkeling excursion because I've been with them and have a level of trust that I'd be in for an excellent excursion. For my money, you can't go wrong by going with them. We are going cruising with another couple and their son and encourage them to book with X-stream which they did. Great time. Definitely get the $5.00 chicken!

I just wanted to clarify my first paragraph in the above post because I felt it may unfairly shed a negative light on Coral Breeze. I initial saw a comment or two about "snorkeling" in Belize with Coral Breeze, but the more I read, the more positive comments started to pile up, while the negative comments ceased to exist.

Thus, putting my money were my mouth is, I just wanted to let everyone know that we have booked with Coral Breeze for our snorkeling in Belize. After looking at the grand scheme of things, and taken a look at all the posts together, I didn't want my "mixed reviews" comment in this thread to needlessly sway anyone from Coral Breeze snorkeling because as of the date of this writing, we haven't used them for cave tubing in particular.

But, we (my Wife and I) feel VERY comfortable booking with Coral Breeze for our snorkel excursion since our research indicated that there many positive reviews of Coral Breeze's snorkeling excursion in Belize. You kind of have to look at things as a whole and say, "here I've read 200 great reviews and one or two negative reviews so what is more indicative of their performance?"

Just out of curiousity, I actually plugged in some of the names of the other excursions we have done in other ports WHICH WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED and will do again, and guess what - there were a few negative comments about those excursions also. Hell, there were negative comments about the last two ships we were on but in our expereince WE thought the ship, service, shows, and food was great. Point is, I think you will always find a negative statement or two about different excursions because sometimes a problem occurs (its real life you know) and sometimes, people just like to complain or have a different opinion or preception of things.

So, as far as cave tubing goes. . . We went with X-Stream and had a great time. Thinking back, I do recall researching Coral Breeze and reading good things also though. And for those going to the ports of Jamaica or Cozumel:

- Montego Bay or Ochos Rios, Jamaiaca - - - Just plug "Trevor" [Hudlin - I belive this was the spelling of his last name] in a search of that port and your'll find an excellent guide that will accomate whatever you want to do. We went to Mayfield Falls with another couple. Great trip, wonderful guide personal attention, and really treated us as guest to his country. Top notch!

- Cozumel - For snorkeling, can't beat Eagle Ray Divers if you want to actually take a snorkeling excursion via boat.

Hope this helps.

Archived