Cruising in 2016?

Bramcruiser

Allen and I will be on Celebrity Equinox 10 Night "Ultimate Caribbean" cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale March 25. Being tied to an academic year calendar, we still managed to fit in this 10 nighter for our annual spring break cruise. Much better than the 7 nighters we had grown accustomed to. Looking forward to lots of sea days.

David

Edited by d&a Delaware

After all these Atlantis/RSVP cruises we are now booked on a straight one for a refreshing change.

HAL koningsdam 14 december 2016 FLL to the Caribean in the Pinnacle suite

And afterwards some nights in pineapple point guesthouse FFL for x-mas

I'm going on Carnival Sensation on January 31st to the Bahamas (4 days, Nassau and Freeport) with a coworker for her first cruise.

Then on September 17th, 2016, I'll be on Carnival Valor for 8 days to the Eastern Caribbean (St Maarten, St Kitts, Grand Turk, San Juan).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just booked a Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity Constellation for April 27, 2016. Anyone else thinking of this itinerary? Rome, Naples, Valletta, Santorini, Ephesus, Rhodes, Mykonos, Athens, Chania, Venice over night.

This will be my 4th with Celebrity and 5th cruise as a solo traveler. Looking forward to the adventure as I have not yet experienced the mediterranean and would welcome any suggestions on tours, must see type of experiences, restaurants with great food, etc. I am a big photo bug as well so I'm always interested in destination where I have an opportunity to get some great photos.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

After 13 years, my partner and I will be getting married next year on October 23. Our honeymoon cruise will be on the Azamara Quest, October 26 for 16 nights - New Orleans through the French West Indies / Caribbean! :)

Just about to book this one, we are sailing to NYC there for a day or so then on to SF for 5 days then a big drive down to Palm Springs for 2 weeks the back to NYC and fly home.

Anyone else on this crossing.

We did the pre Xmas QM2 Southampton to NYC in 2013 and had a great time.

Sam & Huw

Husband and I have 2 planned so far in 2016:

1) Family Cruise with the kids, 4-Day Baja Mexico from Long Beach on the Carnival Inspiration

2) Just the 2 of us, 7-Night Arabian Gulf from Dubai on the RC Vision of the Seas.

This will be our first cruise out of Dubai and I'm super excited (and somewhat nervous) about it. :)

Husband and I have 2 planned so far in 2016:

1) Family Cruise with the kids, 4-Day Baja Mexico from Long Beach on the Carnival Inspiration

2) Just the 2 of us, 7-Night Arabian Gulf from Dubai on the RC Vision of the Seas.

This will be our first cruise out of Dubai and I'm super excited (and somewhat nervous) about it. :)

Sounds great! Why are you nervous??? Dubai is amazing. We loved it so much, we booked Celebrity out of there for Xmas/NYE 2016!

Michael

After 13 years, my partner and I will be getting married next year on October 23. Our honeymoon cruise will be on the Azamara Quest, October 26 for 16 nights - New Orleans through the French West Indies / Caribbean! :)

Sounds awesome! Amazing ship and itinerary! I really wanted to do this one, but it was too tough fitting in an Oct cruise between our June and Dec ones. Such a great trip! Enjoy and congrats!

Michael

Sounds great! Why are you nervous??? Dubai is amazing. We loved it so much, we booked Celebrity out of there for Xmas/NYE 2016!

Michael

More excited/anxious than nervous I guess. First time traveling to the Middle East. I've heard amazing things about Dubai and Muscat! We considered the Celebrity 9-night out of Abu Dhabi as well, but the RCI worked out better for our schedule. Who knows, maybe we'll be back...

Congrats everyone getting married, celebrating an anniversary or just going on holiday!

Successfully, Scott and I, since our wedding have managed to go on a proper vacation since our honeymoon! Prior to that, it was just something we never planned.

Anyway, 2016 we're doing the Disney Transatlantic from Barcelona to NYC via the Azores; Sydney NS and Halifax. It should be a nice relaxing time.

We're considering something for between January and March as I have time off I need to use, or lose it. So maybe we'll do a Princess Caribbean as we still have credits to use.

• 2 weeks later...
Well it's not a record, but I will have 32 days at sea in 2016.

In February I'm doing my first back-to-back on HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam, both in the Eastern Caribbean but with different ports.

In August I will be sailing to the Western Caribbean on Norwegian Getaway.

Finally, the day before Thanksgiving I'm embarking on the beautiful new ms Koningsdam with accommodation in a Single-category stateroom.

As 2015 comes to a close, there have been some changes to the above:

I'm still on Getaway, but I'm sailing Labor Day weekend with free booze and $200 in shore excursion credit. We're going to Roatan, NCL's custom built Harvest Caye in Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. I think Cozumel will be my spa pass day. ;)

And in December, instead of going to the sunny Southern Caribbean on Koningsdam, I'm booked on P&O Aurora for 10 nights in the snowy North Sea. Oslo, Copenhagen, Hamburg, an overnight in Amsterdam and Bruges. I will have three nights in England beforehand and two after, so a very British and Northern European holiday. I can't wait! :D

So, only 31 days at sea in 2016. Not so bad.

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam in March

HAL Koningsdam in August

NCL Jade in November

Hey Cruiser Bruiser....the North Sea in December..........BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Make sure you keep it warmly wrapped.......the shrinkage factor is only prevented by substantial antifreeze from the bar!

Bad timing I guess but I will be departing the ship from the Jan 30 sailing as you will be boarding.

Hope you enjoy your cruise, let me know what what shore excursions you do if you get a chance. Still trying to pick a couple of good ones.

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam in March

HAL Koningsdam in August

NCL Jade in November

Hey Cruiser Bruiser....the North Sea in December..........BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Make sure you keep it warmly wrapped.......the shrinkage factor is only prevented by substantial antifreeze from the bar!

Lots of opportunity for scarves and hats, that's for sure. ;) I will have to see if my local gay-owned underwear/swimwear store has a wool bikini in stock. That said, Aurora has an indoor pool with two hot tubs. I will be there a lot, I'm sure.

You will have to give us a full review of Koningsdam. I'm anxious to hear all about her. :)