few questions about dream if i may...

1. What are the hours of the basketball court?

2. As far as entertainment...how would you rate the "night" life?

3. Would you consider this ship pretty busy...last cruise was disappointing in terms of organized events

4.scale of 1 to 10 what would you rate the dining options

5. The deluxe ov rooms....anymore roomy other than the extra bathroom??

1. Sorry. Don't know, but it definitely is closed in the evenings, as the steakhouse is right below it.

2. For me, this has been one of the best ships, along with the Splendor, in regards to nightlife. I haven't really tried other cruiselines, as some of them are said to blow Carnival's best completely out of the water. But, I do think that the Dream is one of Carnival's best, and even much better than the newer ship. They definitely have the best stage of shows of any Carnival ship, without a doubt. You are still dependent upon your fellow guests for getting involved in the other nighttime activities. As long as they are involved, this ship will truly be a fun ship at night.

3. It looks like your last ship was the Legend. That ship has a reputation of being very sedate. Organization & involvement from fellow guests doesn't seem to be a strong point there. Same with me when I sailed a sister ship to the Legend. Dream is more inviting for people to get involved, and the crew have seemed to do a great job with the activities. Of course, crew does change over, so this is also subject to change, but I've had 3 good experiences.

4. I'm not much of a foodie. As a very picky eater, I can't be. The simple things make me happy, and I have enjoyed the dining room. The free pasta bar for lunch (above the aft buffet) is very good. The lanai BBQ for lunch is good. The lunch burrito bar is good. In the late evenings, the grill is still serving up burgers & sandwiches & other things, to allow for more options than pizza only. Most Carnival ships are now doing pizza only in the late evenings, but Dream is hanging onto those additional options. For me, I give the Dream a 9 out of 10, but some people might knock it down to a 3 based solely upon the ship not having Guys brand burgers. As you can tell, I'll take all these extra options instead.

5. I had a deluxe OV room. Great room. No more roomy than a regular OV. Total square footage of the deluxe is 10 more, but most of that is with the extra half-bathroom. For 3 people, this deluxe OV worked great! I very highly recommend it.

Edited by k2excursion