Reviews on shuttle service

CALYMO

We are taking our second Disney Cruise on the Fantasy this April :)

I am from Nova Scotia so I am weighing my car rental versus shuttle options. I am travelling with husband and two small children 7 and 5 We fly in two days before the cruise so we will have a rental car either way. Just wondering if it might be better to return the car after the first day and use a shuttle to get to ship. We are also staying one night after the cruise before we fly out. Thinking that the return shuttle price may be better than renting yet another car to come back to Orlando.

I was looking at portcanaveralshuttleservices I was wondering if anyone has used them in the past. Last time we rented a car the car rental place at drop off was a bit hectic we were there probably an hour waiting in a large line trying to keep two kids patient while dragging suitcases

Not sure what my best option would be. Any advice would be appreciated :)

We typically use Budget (but have used other rental services based on price). We always find some sort of coupon code to get a discount--rentalcodes.com can help with this. We typically pay under $50 for a one day car rental (24 hour day), + gas and tolls. DCL transfers will cost you $35 per person each way, so $140 for your family. Private shuttles/towncars/limos will be just a hair less.

SO, if cost is your choice, use a rental car. Less convenient, but cheaper if there are more than 2 of you. Hint to use rental car to get to the port--driver drops off mom and kids at the port along with the luggage, then returns rental car (be sure to keep your government issued photo ID to get back into port). Porter takes the luggage (mom doesn't have to haul it anywhere) and gets in line to enter terminal, check in, etc.

There is often a wait for room on the shuttle for a family of 4 + luggage. There is never a wait for one person, no luggage!

If you fly in 2 days before the cruise and are going to stay on WDW property, no need for a rental car for those days. Magical Express service has no cost. If staying off property, I'd just get the car for however long you need it to take you to the terminal.

On the way home, you are international, and staying an extra day--sounds like a car to me! Unfortunately, picking up the car after the cruise can be a bit of a pain. Again, if room on shuttle for 1 but not all, send the driver to get into the line to get car; family can follow on the next shuttle.

Maybe someone can confirm this service...........I just read about it. Something about fly, snooze, cruise? They pick you up at the Orlando airport and take you to a local hotel OR a Canaveral area hotel depending what time of day you arrive. You are dropped off for the night and picked up in the morning and taken to the port. At the end of the cruise you are picked up and taken back to the Orlando airport. Or you can get a day package for a late in the day flight home. Not sure how this would work in your situation, but they seem flexible. A sample cost at a Holiday Inn Express is $199. That includes the hotel for one night and the transports. Has anyone used this service?

Maybe someone can confirm this service...........I just read about it. Something about fly, snooze, cruise? They pick you up at the Orlando airport and take you to a local hotel OR a Canaveral area hotel depending what time of day you arrive. You are dropped off for the night and picked up in the morning and taken to the port. At the end of the cruise you are picked up and taken back to the Orlando airport. Or you can get a day package for a late in the day flight home. Not sure how this would work in your situation, but they seem flexible. A sample cost at a Holiday Inn Express is $199. That includes the hotel for one night and the transports. Has anyone used this service?

Yes, but not exactly the way you describe it above. There are several hotels in the airport area that offer the service. My personal favorite is the Hyatt Place NW (different hotel than Hyatt MCO). It is also available at the Hampton and Wyndham. The service I'm familiar with is booked thru the hotel and includes round trip transportation to/from the cruise terminal but is priced so that if you only use it one way, it's still a good deal.

The hotel shuttle picks you up at the airport (you call them when you are there with luggage). They take you to the hotel. You stay overnight (longer if you wish) and have breakfast in the morning, then a larger vehicle takes all guests who have booked the package to the cruise terminal. On the way back they will take you to the airport or the hotel--your choice. At the Hyatt Place, the package also includes parking should you choose to drive but not want to park at the port (ok, makes no sense to me, but it is part of the deal if desired). Hyatt calls their package "Fly, Snooze, Cruise" and you can find it on the Hyatt Place Orlando NW web site under "specials." Rates vary with date. Posted rates are for 2 people, but the room includes up to at least 4. You can add additional people to the transportation for a $55 fee per a recent post here--no personal experience with adding extra people.

No personal experience with Hampton. Like Hyatt Place NW much better than Wyndham.

Thanks, Moki's M that is basically what I had thought. It seems like a pretty good deal considering the cost of transport alone. The one night, breakfast, delivery to the port and then back. With the extra fee for over 2 people.

Thanks, Moki's M that is basically what I had thought. It seems like a pretty good deal considering the cost of transport alone. The one night, breakfast, delivery to the port and then back. With the extra fee for over 2 people.

The only down side is that there is ONE run each day. You don't get to choose a time. You are told to be in the hotel lobby with your luggage at 9:45 for a 10:00 departure. This will get you to the port about 11. NOTE--time may have changed, prices certainly have increased since we did it. On the way home we were told to be at the shuttle pick up area with luggage at 8:45 for a load up and depart by 9 am.

OK, what I liked about Hyatt Place NW--they had their act together. We were there, vehicle was there. Load up and depart on time. What I was able to gather from the discussion of one family who was not there was that they were going to be given till the departure time and then the bus would depart. The front desk people did check the breakfast room and call their room to try to locate them. Not sure what really would have happened as they did show up.

What I did not like about Wyndham--vehicle was not there at the appointed time and no one seemed to know what they were doing. It may be better now,.

Seats on each vehicle are limited. When they are filled, the package is not available for any more bookings that day. Book it as soon as you know you want it!