For Geomagot

yay! thanks jules, looks good doesnt it? ideal fred taster cruise for 1st fred timers:cool:

... bit of a dilemma tho?... we were considering croatian classics on celebration for september.... but its very dear at the moment (for just one week):(

yay! thanks jules, looks good doesnt it? ideal fred taster cruise for 1st fred timers:cool:

... bit of a dilemma tho?... we were considering croatian classics on celebration for september.... but its very dear at the moment (for just one week):(

I've booked to go on it with my daughter - only been to Ireland once a long time ago & never been to Dublin or Waterford. Just like the idea of sailing from Bristol again - it was so easy - and will be nice to try a third FO ship!!!

The Croatian ones always hold their price......Dream is supposed to be going there next year?!

Edited by Julessmiles

it ticks all the right boxes tbh jules.... never been to dublin either ... september (kids back at college), good price, nice port of call (not avonmouth) and black watch seems to be getting good reviews

dilemma dilemma??

interesting... dream is doing dubrovnik next year

strangely?? (for such a big dream fan) thats got me thinkin... i had better get dubrovnik in this summer then… on celebration

also looking at at celebration ex barbados for christmas this year (rather than dream)

looks like i am falling out with the dream (for some reason?? ... cant put my finger on it??):confused:

might see you in dublin then:cool:;)

it ticks all the right boxes tbh jules.... never been to dublin either ... september (kids back at college), good price, nice port of call (not avonmouth) and black watch seems to be getting good reviews

dilemma dilemma??

interesting... dream is doing dubrovnik next year

strangely?? (for such a big dream fan) thats got me thinkin... i had better get dubrovnik in this summer then… on celebration

also looking at at celebration ex barbados for christmas this year (rather than dream)

looks like i am falling out with the dream (for some reason?? ... cant put my finger on it??):confused:

might see you in dublin then:cool:;)

Sadly, I think I would be reluctant to sail on the Dream at the moment with the reviews & reports that have been coming back recently whereas Celebration seems to be getting fairly consistent reviews.....

yeah... we are thinking same jules, i do find myself agreeing with most of the recent negatives (somewhat)

celebration seems more consistent

we had a good time on dream at christmas, but it was hard work at times, they did give us some free onboard spend and christmas wasnt exactly ruined? ... but something :confused: has definitely gone wrong with dream this year??

yeah... we are thinking same jules, i do find myself agreeing with most of the recent negatives (somewhat)

we had a good time on dream at christmas, but it was hard work at times, they did give us some free onboard spend and christmas wasnt exactly ruined? ... but something :confused: has definitely gone wrong with dream this year??

Just this year geo? :D:D:D

Sorry, shut-up Linda:(:D

Just this year geo? :D:D:D

Sorry, shut-up Linda:(:D

I can honestly say we had a fantastic time on the Dream last summer - certainly no complaints; quite the opposite in fact. Something has gone wrong over the winter for it to be getting the feedback it has recently been getting. The superb Hotel Manager we had onboard I believe has been on Leave over the winter but not sure how long for - not quite sure how much of an effect that really does have on the whole running of the ship but would be interested to see if / when she goes back on if reviews start coming back more positive.

is that the candian marcy (something)? she was the hotel manager at christmas

we have always been dream fans (even during the nightmare 1st season) i can honestly say we have always had a good time too, up until this winter??:(

dream had improved a lot from its previous costa life... but now it seems to be going backwards (not literally ... well maybe in rough seas)

I've booked to go on it with my daughter - only been to Ireland once a long time ago & never been to Dublin or Waterford. Just like the idea of sailing from Bristol again - it was so easy - and will be nice to try a third FO ship!!!

Well done Jules - sure you'll have a great time! And a good opportunity to suss out a different ship. Enjoy - something to look forward to. :)

There was something definitely wrong with the Dream last year in the Caribbean too Geomagot. Very poor food, slow service, crew seemed to be apathetic. Repeat shows and show team not the usual standard. People were actually walking out of the theatre. Guest artists were good though.

Very disappointed in the Dream last year and very wary of booking again. I used to rave to friends about my wonderful experiences on Thomson cruises. Now I would be hesitant to recommend the Dream to anyone.

The Croatian ones always hold their price......Dream is supposed to be going there next year?!

We did a 4 night mini cruise from Glasgow / Greenock to Dublin and Liverpool a couple of years ago on the Boudica.

Basic cabin, food, service and entertainment were excellent.

Dublin is lovely Julesmiles. The ship docked a few miles out of the city centre but there was a shuttle bus at a small charge. There is a hoho bus which drops you at the Guinness Storehouse which is well worth a visit. A great city to walk around, lots to see and do. Sure you will have a great time.

We did a 4 night mini cruise from Glasgow / Greenock to Dublin and Liverpool a couple of years ago on the Boudica.

Basic cabin, food, service and entertainment were excellent.

Dublin is lovely Julesmiles. The ship docked a few miles out of the city centre but there was a shuttle bus at a small charge. There is a hoho bus which drops you at the Guinness Storehouse which is well worth a visit. A great city to walk around, lots to see and do. Sure you will have a great time.

Thank you Nancy. We are looking forward to the experience.

Jules

Well done Jules - sure you'll have a great time! And a good opportunity to suss out a different ship. Enjoy - something to look forward to. :)

Thank you. We will enjoy it Kruzseeka. We have a few more holidays & another cruise before the mini cruise to look forward to first. :) :).

Edited by Julessmiles

I can honestly say we had a fantastic time on the Dream last summer - certainly no complaints; quite the opposite in fact. Something has gone wrong over the winter for it to be getting the feedback it has recently been getting. The superb Hotel Manager we had onboard I believe has been on Leave over the winter but not sure how long for - not quite sure how much of an effect that really does have on the whole running of the ship but would be interested to see if / when she goes back on if reviews start coming back more positive.

Good point Jules. I never thought of that. She did do a good job didn't she, a lovely person.

Another Fred eh, you'll be joining the full fat defection club and doing a p&o next !!!

is that the candian marcy (something)? she was the hotel manager at christmas

we have always been dream fans (even during the nightmare 1st season) i can honestly say we have always had a good time too, up until this winter??:(

dream had improved a lot from its previous costa life... but now it seems to be going backwards (not literally ... well maybe in rough seas)

Sorry Geo - only just seen this. The Hotel Manager when we were onboard was the lovely Sue Stewart. Could not have met a more down to earth, friendly, helpful but thoroughly professional person who clearly wanted to know that all passengers were enjoying their holiday & she was also highly respected by the staff/crew.

We met with her several times whilst onboard & were also lucky enough to dine with her on our second formal night. We were most impressed with everything she did & she certainly seemed to "pull out all the stops".

I think Joe Holiday would also agree with these comments & I believe he & his family also dined with her on their formal night.