Taxis and such

Gma&Gpa

We are looking at flying in the day ahead - and possibly staying at the Radisson Ambassador Plaza. Trying to get some idea on the cost of the taxi TO the hotel - and then the next day - the cost from the hotel to the Pier. We were hoping to also stay one extra day and do the same. But I just can't tell what the taxi fees are going to run - to see if they are going to get pretty costly - as opposed to flying in the day "of" and catching the shuttle directly to and from the ship. Any thoughts?

We are looking at flying in the day ahead - and possibly staying at the Radisson Ambassador Plaza. Trying to get some idea on the cost of the taxi TO the hotel - and then the next day - the cost from the hotel to the Pier. We were hoping to also stay one extra day and do the same. But I just can't tell what the taxi fees are going to run - to see if they are going to get pretty costly - as opposed to flying in the day "of" and catching the shuttle directly to and from the ship. Any thoughts?

You're staying in the Condado area which is a $15 flat rate cab fare from SJU. There may be surcharges for luggage, 6th and 7th passengers, etc...

I don't think the fare from your hotel to the pier should be too much different if you are sailing out of the Pan American Pier (RCI/X). Though, fares may be a bit more of you are sailing out of the San Juan Cruise Port (pretty much everyone not RCI/X) in Old San Juan.

Google "Puerto Rico Tourist Taxi" for specific fare info.

We normally fly in one day pre-cruise and don't consider San Juan cab fares to be unreasonable.

Edited by jacketsfan

Thank you very much for the info. It was very helpful. You are right - it is reasonable - There is just the two of us - and it won't be much different from what I would pay each way for the shuttle if we arrive the day "of".

I just always like to have things planned out ahead and didn't want any really high taxi rides that I was not expecting.

We stayed there two years ago, and the fare wasn't bad. Around $20 for the two of us and our bags. Very nice hotel, and you'll find tons of restaurants within easy walking distance. We ate at a little Italian place on Ashford Avenue. I don't recall the name, but maybe someone else knows.

Edited by ISurfTooMuch
Typo

I bought our hotel rooms off "travelocity" and we were thrilled with the price and the room. To be honest, we got off the ship at 10 am on Sunday, and the hotel had a room cleaned and ready for us to move into at 11 that morning. Others who came after had to wait till 3 to check in but it was a simple clean air conditioned room with good wifi and a pool that was lovely. We walked to get lunch, walked one block to the beach for some fun watching the surfers and seeing the HUGE waves, and then walked to Chili's for dinner that night.

We are a family of 4, and Canadian, we got our room at The Comfort Inn San Juan in Condado. We paid $19 off the ship to the hotel ( we had 5 bags and paid $2 in gas tax) and then paid $23 to the airport the next morning.

The Comfort Inn was lovely, and even offered us to have breakfast when we arrived on Sunday as it was still on and they had "plenty" left out. Maybe it ws because we had the kids but I couldn't have been happier with their service.

Just thought I would mention it