Navigator of the Seas - July - First Cruise Ever

blitz1964

We just booked our very first cruise! We are a group of 7 and only one of us has ever cruised before! Very excited and nervous.

My husband uses a CPAP machine and I notice on the list of things not allowed are extension cords. We are in a oceanview room on deck 2. Are there plugs close to the bed or do I need to make arrangements for an extension cord from the ship.

We also sleep with a fan at night. Are fans allowed on NOS and are we able to bring soft drinks?

Any guidance appreciated!!

Electrical outlets are at desk, not by bed which has wall lamps by it. Ship will provide an extension cord if you request it. Below is a P2 OV but a regular OV has a similar set up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=339437&d=1423354735

Some report here that plug electrical fan have been taken from them at embarkation but it not specifically on the list of banned items. You may want to bring battery powered fan if you must have a fan onboard.

We had no problem bringing on soda and water on the B2B2B2B navigator cruises we just did. Just make sure you carry in on yourself. Don't put in your checked luggage as you will likely have to go to deck one naughty room to show the bottles doesn't contain alcohol as my friend had to do.

attachment.php?attachmentid=339436&d=1423354735

P1110426a.jpg.f740e6a1fdc83df1b40fb488d7574c92.jpg

P1210602a.jpg.1706828ab2f4a7beefee88ddc3d4f231.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

My wife and I both use CPAP machines. I always bring an extension chord in our luggage and I have never had it taken away from us. It is my understanding that you can ask for distilled water and an extension chord and they will be provided but I bring my own extension chord anyway. Before I get flamed for that let me just say that if I can't use my CPAP machine, then I can't sleep and my vacation would be ruined. I would much rather bring my own chord than risk the ship not having one available.

I can't answer your question about the fan. We have generally found the rooms to be quite comfortable.

Have a good cruise!

Just contact special needs ahead of time and they'll provide you with a GALLON (overkill) of distilled water along w/ a 1,000,000 foot extension cord (OK it seemed that long). Usually your steward will tape the cord to the floor since you do have to run it from the desk. That way you can leave it there and walk over it w/o tripping.

If it's not there when you get to your stateroom, a quick request to either your steward or a call to guest relations will get it there quickly.

As for a fan, I bought one for my BF and one for myself and we put it on the nightstand. Batter operated and a set of batteries lasts 6 or 7 nights.

This little puppy puts out plenty of air (2 speeds) and provides just the right amount of white noise. Not too big and not heavy.

http://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Battery-Operated-Portable-WHITE/dp/B001B16VT6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423358700&sr=8-1&keywords=battery+powered+fan+portable

Thanks y'all for the replies. I will stick a cord in my bag just in case. The fan is used more for noise, but I could probably do without it. Just not sure how I will sleep with the unfamiliar noises of a cruise ship. Don't want to wake up at every little sound thinking something is going wrong! :eek: Now will start planning on bringing our sodas on!

Thanks again.

We've been on 11 ships (twice on the Navigator) and have never had any issues with ship noise until we cruised on the Quantum. Fortunately we were able to buy some earplugs at the first port we stopped at. Earplugs are now on my packing checklist:D. Hope you enjoy your first cruise as much as we did.

Thanks for the info! I will check out the fan on Amazon!

We have a battery powered 2 speed travel fan that has a separate AC plug in adapter so it's not obvious that it can be plug in if the power pack isn't with the fan. We're returning home later today and I'll try to post more info about it then as I didn't bring it on this trip.

PS, It's similar to the one at

http://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-NEW-Battery-Operated-Adapter/dp/B00ATSHMIQ/ref=pd_sim_hg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Y5P47NTY3YZFEV4RCPN

Edited by robtulipe