Future cruise credit £gbp value

andrewjb1

Hello,

Anyone know what the $250 future cruise credit value is in £'s when used at the UK office?

I know that the form you fill in onboard displays a £ value, just wondering how much the $250 translates to at the minute.

Also... Can I pay for it with the Onboard Spend Certificates I purchased from NCL.com?

Thanks!

Andrew

anyone know what the $250 future cruise credit value is in £'s when used at the uk office?

I know that the form you fill in onboard displays a £ value, just wondering how much the $250 translates to at the minute.

£166.

It can vary, I have just used one I bought june 2014 and it was for £150, a previous one I used was for £160, but it will state the amount in GBP on it when you buy it.

Thanks, I understand that. I was just wondering what rate they have been using recently.

The question was how much is a $250 cruise certificate worth now in the NCL UK office, not what it was last year !

Heres me thinking that you'd just used the current GBP/USD exchange rate and been a smart arse. So the current rate printed on the flyer on board is £166. Thank you for clarifying.

NCL using the correct current live exchange rate... You learn something new every day!

Thanks again.

Apologies for giving old info, but that is why I gave the purchase date, so you would know when it was from.

NCL exchange rates can certainly be variable, but it's good to know they've updated that one. At £150 you lost a lot of the benefit of buying the FCC.

Apologies for giving old info, but that is why I gave the purchase date, so you would know when it was from.

NCL exchange rates can certainly be variable, but it's good to know they've updated that one. At £150 you lost a lot of the benefit of buying the FCC.

Dont apologise Keith... Certainly not on my behalf.

I haver a couple of Norwegian cruises to book and I can currently buy OBC certificates for my upcoming cruise at $1.68 exchange rate. Im onboard next week so I'm just weighing up my options.

Dont apologise Keith... Certainly not on my behalf.

I haver a couple of Norwegian cruises to book and I can currently buy OBC certificates for my upcoming cruise at $1.68 exchange rate. Im onboard next week so I'm just weighing up my options.

I was just writing exactly the same thing. Looks like a great opportunity to get some FCCs cheap. I can get one for £91.26 on my upcoming cruise. I've already bought OBC to cover my costs, but may add some more for a couple of certificates.

I was just writing exactly the same thing. Looks like a great opportunity to get some FCCs cheap. I can get one for £91.26 on my upcoming cruise. I've already bought OBC to cover my costs, but may add some more for a couple of certificates.

Exactly... Bargain! Are we confident that Purchased OBC can be used for FCC?

We just got.off the Star. Cruise consultant on board told us (when I asked the same question! ) that they revalue every quarter to take account of exchange rate fluctuations and it was last done mid January.

re purchasing from purchased OBC answer is yes as we always do it that way.

hope that helps.

Edited by lynnquenby

We just got.off the Star. Cruise consultant on board told us (when I asked the same question! ) that they revalue every quarter to take account of exchange rate fluctuations and it was last done mid January.

re purchasing from purchased OBC answer is yes as we always do it that way.

hope that helps.

and it was worth £166?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't answer the conversion rate but yes you can use your on board credit. We purchased while on board last week and they just charge to your on board account. They were also offering a $100 credit to your account which made the final cost to be $150.

I just converted my FCC to Canadian and my PCC told me the value of the FCC is based on the exchange rate when you bought it not the current rate.

Yes, we know. That's why the OP was asking what rate they are using now, because they are considering buying some next week.

• 1 month later...