Carnival's photos

TxSandMom

In the photo gallery on the ship (Ecstasy), I noticed a sign that showed how if a photo from their gallery is scanned, the photo will have "Carnival" stamped all over it as a watermark. Does anyone know if this really happens (not that anyone would have personal experience with this, but maybe you heard "from a friend" or something!!). Also, does the orginal photo get the watermark, or just the resulting, scanned one?

Thanks!

It depends, if an 8x10 is the one in the gallery, then yes you must buy that before you can get any copies. However, not all photos they take are developed as 8x10's. I can tell you from my own experience (and those in my group) that the best photos were the ones developed into 8x10's. I happily handed over my $19.95 for several of them. I now have a wonderful picture of my Mom and me (without any of my annoying siblings, ;)). My MIL has one of DH and I who she will show to the mailman, if she can.:)

Some of the photos we saw (of ourselves) were awful. They take a picture of you everytime you get on or off the ship, eating, in the shows, clubs, when you pose. If you ever want to feel famous and stalked by the papparazi, go on a cruise. :D If you see one you really like, buy it.

Happy Sailing!

Just scanned my pictures last Friday using the Kodak picture maker and had no problems what soever with watermarks. Although the photo cashier did ask me if I had a release, I said no they told me I didn't need one and she said ok. Paid for my pictures and I was off:)

Archived