The walls are thin!

TxSandMom

And what were you doing with your ear to our wall? :eek:

Remindes me of a joke.

A woman calls the police and says there is a naked man in the opposite window. The police arrive and ask her where he is. She says if you climb on the chair and use this telescope you will be able to see him.

I don't think that the walls are thin. We had a couple by us on the CELEBRATION that were, shall we say, amorous? 2 or 3 times a day, the sound of moaning could be heard, coming through the walls. Not loud, but if you pressed your ear tightly against the wall, you could hear it clearly. ;)

Ever try the drinking glass against the wall trick ! :D

On our last cruise, the lady in the cabin next to ours apologized to me and hoped she and her husband didn't bother us with all the "noise" they were making the night before (wink-wink)...they were on their honeymoon...and they were also in their 80's!

Fortunately, the walls on Princess aren't as thin as the ones on Carnival. The thought of it still haunts me!

Kris

Hey......Bless Em....She was probably just being funny.........But, Heck I hope it's true..........

I'd bow in their presence chanting.................

"I'm Not Worthy" ;)

There are all kinds out there. The OP description reminded me of my ex-mother-in-law. She breated her husband up one side, down the other, all the time. It was just her way, and he was used to it, did not faze him a bit. Made me cringe, but he was fine, he just went fishing and chewed his tobacco and just ignored her. Maybe that is why they get so loud, because they are not getting through.

Anyway, he finally solved they problem by dying young.

We always wonder how some marriages work. Like the Clintons. Maybe this is how their marriage works. It almost sounds like my first marriage (she passed away) not she didn't go overboard. I was quiet and she was, well you aren't supposed to badmouth the dead.

Reminds me of the old joke Moms Mabley used to tell

You shouldn't say anything about the dead unless its good

Well my Ex husbands dead......."GOOD" *LOL*

We had an aft cabin on the Fascination... yes the walls are thin! We could hear the normal conversations in the adjacent cabins quite clearly, and the "other" sounds... yep, she was definitely a "screamer" not a "moaner". We left our cabins to go to breakfast about the same time one morning and I flashed a thumbs up. She giggled.. he said "you guys aren't all that quiet either"....

So what would be proper ettiquette in a situation like that? Should you bang on the wall (no pun intended) or should you just say nothing?:confused:

So what would be proper ettiquette in a situation like that? Should you bang on the wall (no pun intended) or should you just say nothing?:confused:

You're spending the night at a hotel, and the couple next door starts having a screaming match. What should you do?

from

http://magazines.ivillage.com/goodhousekeeping/etiquette/peggy/qas/0,,284566_636775,00.html

We always wonder how some marriages work. Like the Clintons. Maybe this is how their marriage works. It almost sounds like my first marriage (she passed away) not she didn't go overboard. I was quiet and she was, well you aren't supposed to badmouth the dead.

Can we google your first wife and find out why?

Ok, that was bad, sorry man.

I thought this thread was going to complain about the couple next door being loud for another reason. WOW!!! If she got mad over a lost key card (which can easily be replaced at the pursers desk), I wonder what happens when something REALLY serious happens,.....like running out of toilet paper while you're on the throne. :-).

"Couple in the next room,

Tryin' to win a prize,

They've been goin' at it

All night long.

I'm tryin' to get some sleep,

But these hotel walls are cheap,

Lincoln Duncan is my name,

And here's my song,

Here's my song. " - Paul Simon -

BnB

On our last cruise, the lady in the cabin next to ours apologized to me and hoped she and her husband didn't bother us with all the "noise" they were making the night before (wink-wink)...they were on their honeymoon...and they were also in their 80's!

Fortunately, the walls on Princess aren't as thin as the ones on Carnival. The thought of it still haunts me!

Kris

You know what, I don't know if I want a visual of them. But bless them for affirming life.

"Before you slip into

Unconsciousness,

I'd like to have

Another kiss

Another lasting chance

At bliss,

Another kiss,

Another kiss. " - The Doors-

I can vouch for the thin walls... had a neighbor who was quite vocal in her lovin'... aah ... Ahh ... AAh ... AAA ... well you get the picture. Since we had an inside cabin, it could have been a number of neighbors, so we never really know who (and did not want to!)

Those of us who are parents are probably no stranger to "keeping it under wraps" so hopefully the cruisers can do the same for their fellow guests in the next room!!

Archived