T.A. messed up - Booked Oceanview, instead of Guaranteed Balcony...

Tildi

I am impressed at your calm, and kind responses to everyone here and your calm thankful attitude at support and help. It helps a lot of us who put up with hot heads in our lives and against our better selves sometimes melt down too soon. I am one who believes there is always a story within a story and a lot is going on in each of our interactions...you know you are helping many stay calm and persevere by modeling and responding to all here even so kindly; (KUDOS) and not yelling.

Just got off the phone from my yelling dad and it takes zero for him to start in..not finding a phone number this am and my not having my personal book at the helm..LOL.

Thank you OP for modeling how handling problems should be done...no matter what happens I just want you to receive the cherry on the top of this cruise in making it right.

Thanks for being such a wonderful example to us all in a rough spot..

Sincerely,

Sarah

OMG.. SARAH!!!!

You Have truly made my Day/Night

(it's WAaaaaY past "usual" Aussie bedtime)

but beside, the Cruise booking drama, I/We have several other REAL LIFE issues, I/We are dealing with at the moment, leading to lack of sleep...

At the moment, I am feeling like I am a Juggler, trying to keep as many Balls in the Air, as I possibly can.

YOUR REPLY, made ME, feel me feel WONDERFUL !!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

P.S. Caps are NOT yelling/shouting, but for emphasis, of how your response, has made ME feel :)

Thank You SO MUCH !!!

Maybe they will give you a suite to make up for the error.

I don't know if you can use a PVP in Australia, but I would use them rather than a TA. I don't like having a middleman in anything I do.

Hope it all works out for you.

Bobby_Mac,

You obviously realise, we are from Australia, (Thank You!)

but my "interpreptation", of "PVP", is "Personal Vacation Planner"?

Is that right, or have I got the abbreviation wrong?

Where is your PVP? - (Direct to Carnival?)

I am NOT in any way, being critical of what you wrote.

I have "read" of the PVP, in many US based posts, but on Aussie forums?... never heard it mentioned.

Please feel free to inform/educate me, because, let's face it, no matter how Young, or Old any of Us are, WE never stop learning, something NEW.

So please help Me/Us out :)

Bobby_Mac,

You obviously realise, we are from Australia, (Thank You!)

but my "interpreptation", of "PVP", is "Personal Vacation Planner"?

Is that right, or have I got the abbreviation wrong?

Where is your PVP? - (Direct to Carnival?)

I am NOT in any way, being critical of what you wrote.

I have "read" of the PVP, in many US based posts, but on Aussie forums?... never heard it mentioned.

Please feel free to inform/educate me, because, let's face it, no matter how Young, or Old any of Us are, WE never stop learning, something NEW.

So please help Me/Us out :)

Yes, PVP = Personal Vacation Planner and they work directly for Carnival. You can call Carnival (US) and ask for one if you want (especially since most dealings are via email.....at least in my case).

Never using a TA again or not wanting a middle man makes no sense at all. I've had bad meals at a restaurant before and I continue to eat out. Yes I could cook all my meals at home but I like the service and experience of a professional chef. That doesn't mean they never mess up.

I have mechanics make my vehicles worse. I could learn how to fix them myself and do it myself, but I like to trust a professional even though they are human.

I hope the at can make it up to you, but everyone makes mistakes sometimes. You could have easily done the same booking it by yourself. You seem to have a great attitude. Enjoy your cruise!

I am not a travel agent nor do I play one on TV...But, for many people they are useful and valuable. Surprising as it may seem there are millions of folks who are not tech savy, still use antiquated phones, and wouldn't even know what on-line booking even means. Luckily many of us on these forums have the ability to view and understand web sites and can easily understand the system, can see a deck plan and instantaneously understand what all the jargons and symbols mean. But, just like me and a car, many can't see beyond the ignition key and the inlet for the gasoline. Or, like me, they just enjoy the convenience of saying where, when, and how coupled with a budget and they let someone else work out the details.

I make mistakes when I computer...my husband never ever realizes that web sites are notorious for filling in and you need to opt out rather than opt in.

The OPs TA made a mistake....now the OP needs to figure out what she is prepared to "live with" concerning that mistake. If things can't be "righted for the cruise" what compensation is she willing to accept. And, bottom line, will the mistake prone TA ever get her business again.

Never using a TA again or not wanting a middle man makes no sense at all. I've had bad meals at a restaurant before and I continue to eat out. Yes I could cook all my meals at home but I like the service and experience of a professional chef. That doesn't mean they never mess up.

I have mechanics make my vehicles worse. I could learn how to fix them myself and do it myself, but I like to trust a professional even though they are human.

I hope the at can make it up to you, but everyone makes mistakes sometimes. You could have easily done the same booking it by yourself. You seem to have a great attitude. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank You so much Genesis803, for your kind words about our attitude.

Genuinely appreciated, & have to tell you, we are Genuinely trying... to maintain a "relatively" positive attitude right now.

Our T.A. IS working on the problem & WE DO trust in Her (at this stage), & that She will achieve, the BEST result possible for Us. WE are willing, to give 2 days, for Her to resolve this satisfactorily.

(Sailing now in a week now... EeeeK.... SO wish that this was sorted & could be excited... haven't even started packing... feeling so un-enthusiastic about this cruise…)

WE DO "feel" Our T.A., understands Our feelings/disappointment, & understands, the gravity of the situation (for Us), & is doing Everything possible to resolve it happily, for Us.

Will definitely post any update, once all of this has concluded.

But, Thank You, for Your kind words to Us. :)

One thing the OP can do if the cabin cannot be adjusted pre-cruise is to make sure they are carrying a letter (on letterhead) from the TA explaining the ins and outs of the situation and how the OP is not traveling in the type of room she requested. Strange as it may seem there are people who don't show at the last minute and sometimes room become available at the pier and who better to transfer it to than someone who really wants it. Worth a try.

I am not a travel agent nor do I play one on TV...But, for many people they are useful and valuable. Surprising as it may seem there are millions of folks who are not tech savy, still use antiquated phones, and wouldn't even know what on-line booking even means. Luckily many of us on these forums have the ability to view and understand web sites and can easily understand the system, can see a deck plan and instantaneously understand what all the jargons and symbols mean. But, just like me and a car, many can't see beyond the ignition key and the inlet for the gasoline. Or, like me, they just enjoy the convenience of saying where, when, and how coupled with a budget and they let someone else work out the details.

I make mistakes when I computer...my husband never ever realizes that web sites are notorious for filling in and you need to opt out rather than opt in.

The OPs TA made a mistake....now the OP needs to figure out what she is prepared to "live with" concerning that mistake. If things can't be "righted for the cruise" what compensation is she willing to accept. And, bottom line, will the mistake prone TA ever get her business again.

I agree with your thoughts...

I will definitely update this post, once WE have a final conclusion,

(for Anyones reference, now... or in the future. Should this scenario, happen to anyone else Out there...)

Thank YOU Sweet Dutch Girl, for your support & understanding, of where we currently are with this...

The OP does have an excellent attitude and I bet that will mean alot when this is all said and done.

I have a debacle of a situation going on right now with my reservation. Found out Sunday night simply calling in to make a cabin change. Carnival messed up big time. I didn't bother going into it here on the board, because I know the first thing most people will do is jump on the fact that I booked through a TA. But I know with certainty that the TA did NOT make the mistake. Hoping it will be resolved today. Mistakes happen. Nobody is perfect. Good luck and please let us know what happens. In the meantime, get ready to go on your vacation. Don't you have to pack!!:o

The OP does have an excellent attitude and I bet that will mean alot when this is all said and done.

Mistakes happen. Nobody is perfect. Good luck and please let us know what happens. In the meantime, get ready to go on your vacation. Don't you have to pack!!:o

Thank You, for your extremely kind words.

Sincerely appreciated, right now. :)

Still working on conclusion….

Will update, once We know…

Will Start packing sooooon.... We hope...

Your attitude is a breath of fresh air.. Most people would be blasting the TA but you seem calm and controlled.. I hope this works out for you and you get what you paid for.. Good Luck keep us posted....

Thank YOU, so much for YOUR kind words! :)

Interestingly enough I had a similar experience. I had booked through an online travel agency here in the US on an early saver fare. At the time, they were offering half deposits with the balance due at final payment. I booked it and found a couple of price drops along the way. Unfortunately on the second one, Carnival cancelled my cruise. The early saver offered at that time did not have half deposits and now there was a shortage in my deposit. Since it is all done electronically, no one was able to inform my TA that it would be a problem and Carnival neither informed me or my TA of the problem.

Fortunately, it has worked out so far. I went online to check out my reservation and noticed it was gone. I contacted Carnival who said to call my TA. He then noticed it was gone and worked with Carnival and his boss. They got me back my exact cabin and the agency paid the difference in fare between what I had and the current rate.

Ultimately I blame Carnival as they should not have cancelled my cruise without informing either me or my TA about the shortfall in the deposit. I am quite impressed with the agency that they stepped up to pay the difference and I am quite frankly disappointed that they are having to do so. I don't like them being out money due to Carnival's error.

In the end, I am going to enjoy my cruise and will almost certainly use my TA again for making everything right.

Interestingly enough I had a similar experience. I had booked through an online travel agency here in the US on an early saver fare. At the time, they were offering half deposits with the balance due at final payment. I booked it and found a couple of price drops along the way. Unfortunately on the second one, Carnival cancelled my cruise. The early saver offered at that time did not have half deposits and now there was a shortage in my deposit. Since it is all done electronically, no one was able to inform my TA that it would be a problem and Carnival neither informed me or my TA of the problem.

Fortunately, it has worked out so far. I went online to check out my reservation and noticed it was gone. I contacted Carnival who said to call my TA. He then noticed it was gone and worked with Carnival and his boss. They got me back my exact cabin and the agency paid the difference in fare between what I had and the current rate.

Ultimately I blame Carnival as they should not have cancelled my cruise without informing either me or my TA about the shortfall in the deposit. I am quite impressed with the agency that they stepped up to pay the difference and I am quite frankly disappointed that they are having to do so. I don't like them being out money due to Carnival's error.

In the end, I am going to enjoy my cruise and will almost certainly use my TA again for making everything right.

Same thing happened to me about a month ago. I had booked on my own though (not through a TA). But fortunately from these boards I was aware that it might happen and was keeping an eye on my booking. Sure enough, they wanted the remainder of the deposit within two days. Fortunately they gave me an additional 2 day extension until my payday. But had I not been watching my booking it would have been cancelled. Cruise Critic saved the day :)

I/WE (Hubby & Me), are still looking for a response/solution.

Will definitely UPDATE this post, once i/We have Confirmation, as to where we are...

Due to ALL of the "Bad Luck", WE have experienced of late, "I" have NOT been willing, to check Carnival MAIN website, for booking details...

I/We are just HOPING FOR THE BEST OUTCOME, ONCE WE HEAR FROM T.A./Carnival, as to booking issue.

Happy enough (right now) that OUR T.A., is working as hard as she can, behind the Scenes, to remedy Our situation & She could acheive a Satisfactory Outcome. Have to Say, this Whole Situation, Has been Extremely Stressfull, for US.

Will definitely Update, once Final, result, is known.

WE certainly ARE in "limbo land", at this point of time. = 7 Days To Sailing...

Edited by Tildi

OMG.. SARAH!!!!

You Have truly made my Day/Night

(it's WAaaaaY past "usual" Aussie bedtime)

but beside, the Cruise booking drama, I/We have several other REAL LIFE issues, I/We are dealing with at the moment, leading to lack of sleep...

At the moment, I am feeling like I am a Juggler, trying to keep as many Balls in the Air, as I possibly can.

YOUR REPLY, made ME, feel me feel WONDERFUL !!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

P.S. Caps are NOT yelling/shouting, but for emphasis, of how your response, has made ME feel :)

Thank You SO MUCH !!!

You are priceless and have made my week..when you look for good (especially when you need to) and see it so wonderfully in another..this attitude of yours is/has the 100th monkey affect on others..believe me..especially on a forum..those that read will see and be a little calmer next time with the calmness in action, getting help here, and having hope and how to handle it/things like this. This gives so much and will far outweigh any solution that you receive..I am so irritated there is no solution yet..with the personal things the waiting and dealing with all personalities and illnesses is long long...LOL...

But with with this it should be sooner...we are with you ...

Sending light, energy, prayers..whatever the recipient needs...Sarah

I/WE (Hubby & Me), are still looking for a response/solution.

Will definitely UPDATE this post, once i/We have Confirmation, as to where we are...

Due to ALL of the "Bad Luck", WE have experienced of late, "I" have NOT been willing, to check Carnival MAIN website, for booking details...

I/We are just HOPING FOR THE BEST OUTCOME, ONCE WE HEAR FROM T.A./Carnival, as to booking issue.

Happy enough (right now) that OUR T.A., is working as hard as she can, behind the Scenes, to remedy Our situation & She could acheive a Satisfactory Outcome. Have to Say, this Whole Situation, Has been Extremely Stressfull, for US.

Will definitely Update, once Final, result, is known.

WE certainly ARE in "limbo land", at this point of time. = 7 Days To Sailing...

I wish you the best. Your TA needs to step up. A mere refund between what you paid and what the OV costs is not sufficient in my opinion. Anything less than that is theft in my opinion. I would think dinner in a specialty restaurant for your party and perhaps a shore excursion would be appropriate. Something they can probably get cheap, but can be meaningful to you if wisely selected.

The CONLUSION to this Story! Yay!! :)

We now have an Extended Balcony Midship. :)

T.A. has said she "will look after us" with some OBC .:D

Will find out once we are on board.

♥♥♥♥ Thank you to everyone!... ♥♥♥♥

...for your support, & allowing me to vent, some of the initial disappointment & frustration.

It REALLY helped a lot!

Finally got the cases out & started thinking about packing for next week. :cool: