Jade Drink Package

redredgirl

Hello

My fiance and I are currently on the hunt for a cruise for our honeymoon, and the Jade's Mediterranean sailing out of Venice is awful tempting, although we have never cruised with NCL before. One of the promos on with the sailing now includes free unlimited beverage packages. Just wondering if there are any catches to it. I noticed that the small print stipulates that the drinks included must be under 10 dollars... I typically prefer slushy drinks that tend to be more expensive. Would they be included? And does the 15% gratuity count per drink or per day? Thanks!!

hi redredgirl ,

congratulations for your forth coming wedding . If you do choose the option for the free UBP the 15% gratuity will be added to the price of each drink .Example if your chosen drink costs $10 with the 15% added on top the drink will not be included and you`ll be charged for it . If your drink + gratuity comes to under $10 you get the drink free :) . Hope this helps . P.S. you`ll love the Jade . we`re returning for a cruise on her in October from Venice . If you do decide to take this trip i`m sure you won`t be disappointed .

hi redredgirl ,

congratulations for your forth coming wedding . If you do choose the option for the free UBP the 15% gratuity will be added to the price of each drink .Example if your chosen drink costs $10 with the 15% added on top the drink will not be included and you`ll be charged for it . If your drink + gratuity comes to under $10 you get the drink free :) . Hope this helps . P.S. you`ll love the Jade . we`re returning for a cruise on her in October from Venice . If you do decide to take this trip i`m sure you won`t be disappointed .

WRONG!

The $10 limit is for the cost of the drink only. The gratuity is added and does not count, so a drink listed at $10 will have $1.50 added for gratuity and WILL be included in the package. There are very few drinks that are not included in the offer and I think just about every cocktail, slushy or not, was.

I was on the Dawn two weeks ago so I speak from experience.

There was one small quirk. We sailed from New Orleans and while the ship was in Louisiana coastal waters, LA sales tax was charged and this amount (only) went on my shipboard charges. It came to under $5 for the whole cruise, but it may be that tax is charged for some Med regions. Not a huge amount, but be aware it could happen.

Edited by Guindalf

hi redredgirl ,

That isn't correct. The $10 limit is before the gratuity is added.

I typically prefer slushy drinks that tend to be more expensive.
Unless you ask them to blend in a shot of XO cognac, the slushy drinks listed on the menu are all under $10 so you can try them all as many times as you want with the UBP. :)
If you do choose the option for the free UBP the 15% gratuity will be added to the price of each drink .
I'm afraid this is not correct. The $10 limit applies to the listed menu price. If the menu says your drink costs $9.95, it is included under the UBP. The 15% gratuity is included in the package, so you will not be charged extra for that. If you want to write in an extra tip, you can do that, and that will be the only charge that appears on your account.

I understand that speciality coffees are not included in the UBP. Does that include after dinner drinks like Irish Coffee? I can see no reference to these liqueurs at all

No, drinks such as Irish Coffee are available in the package if the bar has coffee available (not all do). The reference to specialty coffees is the coffee bar drinks like Cafe Mocha etc. You can get all the Irish Coffee you want.

No, drinks such as Irish Coffee are available in the package if the bar has coffee available (not all do). The reference to specialty coffees is the coffee bar drinks like Cafe Mocha etc. You can get all the Irish Coffee you want.

Thanks for that. It was not so much the bars I was enquiring about but Irish coffees after the evening meal in the MDR's.

redredgirl,

Just so you know because you are looking at a Med cruise on the Jade you will be able to pick two of the promo offers. (Europe and Hawaii cruises can pick two). So you will also have the option of the Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) or the the On Board Credit (OBC). Book a full suite and you can have all three.

Rochelle

I was on the Jewel two weeks ago with the UBP and I ordered drinks that were $10 or just under and the gratuity was included. You are NOT charged extra if the price including gratuity goes over $10.

I ordered regular coffee at dinner and then an after-dinner shot and "Irished up my coffee" at no extra charge.

• 2 weeks later...

I called about the drink limit - I too like the expensive drinks! The slushy drinks won't be included. No cosmos for me! No buckets of beers either! Basically it's bar booze and cheap beer. But the price of the package will probably still be less than what we would spend. Just have to drink the cheap stuff!

We are leaving on April 8th out of Rome. Congrats and have a wonderful time... Ron and Diane

I called about the drink limit - I too like the expensive drinks! The slushy drinks won't be included. No cosmos for me! No buckets of beers either! Basically it's bar booze and cheap beer. But the price of the package will probably still be less than what we would spend. Just have to drink the cheap stuff!

We are leaving on April 8th out of Rome. Congrats and have a wonderful time... Ron and Diane

It's not as gloom and doom as you think. I enjoy bourbon and whiskey. I had my fill of Jameson's, Knob Creek, and Makers Mark -- hardly the "cheap" stuff. Most of your favorite frozen drinks will be included.

every beer i wanted was included Guinness all the usuals the oil cans, blue moons same cider etc. I don't think they had a beer on the spirit that was not included.

it was had to find stuff where they said sorry, some wines that was it for us.

Unless the price of cosmo has risen since last year, it is covered, IIRC it was $9.75 like most martinis - I got a cheaper one made for me that was under the old $8.5 per drink limit of UBP.

And even back then we didn't find one slushy drink that wasn't covered by the UBP, now the limit is even higher ($10).

Edited by Demonyte

hi redredgirl ,

This is 100% incorrect information. The $10 limit DOES NOT included the 15%. You can order any drink whose base cost is up to $10. That is pretty much every single thing on the ship. Things that are over the limit are VERY high end things such as Louis XIII and some wines. All frozen drink would be under the limit. Liquors like Patron and Grey Goose are also included. There is no catch.

6&8

That is not entirely correct. No buckets of beer because you can only get one drink at a time. I get that - they dont want you "buying" drinks for friends who haven't purchased the package. But I was on the Dawn two weeks ago, and pretty much ONLY drink slushy type cocktails - frozen strawberry and/or banana daquiris, mudslides, mojitos, cosmos. All were included. No problem.

terry

Is the package for everyone in my room? I have a minisuite and am traveling with my husband and two children. I selected the ultimate beverage package (CHOB) as our "offer" and I was wondering if we both get it or just one of us? Do the kids get soda or whatever with it?

Is the package for everyone in my room? I have a minisuite and am traveling with my husband and two children. I selected the ultimate beverage package (CHOB) as our "offer" and I was wondering if we both get it or just one of us? Do the kids get soda or whatever with it?

UBP in the promo is for passengers 1 and 2, passengers 3 to 8 will get soda package regardless of their age (when purchasing UBP, everyone 21 or over in the cabin would have to get UBP).

UBP in the promo is for passengers 1 and 2, passengers 3 to 8 will get soda package regardless of their age (when purchasing UBP, everyone 21 or over in the cabin would have to get UBP).

Thats... an amazing deal. Glad I picked it.