Parasites in water?

Angibella

Has anyone heard of a parasite in Belize that is attracted to the urinary tract? I really want to do the cave tubing excursion, but someone told my BF about some parasite in the water. Now he WILL NOT do it. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find anything about it. Any information to set his mind at ease would be greatly appreciated! I really dont want to miss it :(

• 4 months later...
You can hire a parasite right at the dock. Good luck.

i have never heard anthing on this , But I did see it on Tv a few years back , i would think if this WAS a problem the cruise ships would NOT be offering a cave tour , Abnd we would hear from many on this board reguarding the subject of such a bug

If you are worried I do remember when I saw a program on just that type of bug , You should NOT urinate in the water this attracts them , I'm sure there are rest area stops

Has anyone heard of a parasite in Belize that is attracted to the urinary tract? I really want to do the cave tubing excursion, but someone told my BF about some parasite in the water. Now he WILL NOT do it. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find anything about it. Any information to set his mind at ease would be greatly appreciated! I really dont want to miss it :(

Hey Angi,

With your BF's thing about bugs, there's no way you should let him scroll down to page 5 here and read the thread "Botfly - Use Deet", last message was mid December. Jeez you'll never even get him off the ship then :-)

-Bob

Archived