I heard inside stuff about upgrades what do you think?

hjlanda22

Now that the Aholes have finished their inane [and BORING] bickering, here is the FINAL ANSWER on upgrades.

YOU GET UPGRADES THE EXACT SAME WAY THAT YOU WIN AT THE SLOTS.

LUCK, NO MORE, NO LESS.............

Book what you want or be happy with what you get.

Dan

I know what you said, but that is ONE person (you), I am asking everyone..... not just you, which is why I posted what I was told by a person whom worked for carnival and assigned cabins, granteed there maybe according to you NO ryme or reason as to upgrades, but there is the option to speculate and hope..... SO please do not rain on the parade and I dont mean this in a negitive way........ There COULD very well be one day the system is cracked you never know..... unless you have PROOF there is no reason beshide personal thought and experiance...... then there is room for speculation....... diffrent people might not agree with you and some might agree with you...... But understand just because YOU SAY what you say in your post here does not mean you are RIGHT nor does it ever mean that you are allways RIGHT. I never make the intension of WHAT I SAY GOES but somehow you do, I post something and here you are to try and stop my posts, I dont know if you do it to others but....... LEt us guess and post thoughts and try and figure it out if we cant well HEY it kills time until the NEXT cruise! which is allways GREAT right? Thanks for you post's and I look forward to MORE!!!!

:D

I think your carnival friend may have lied to you. GC has it right pretty much. my 1st...no upgrade...2nd....4 decks...its all random from there....I really dont think there is a system and to me you are thinking too much....just take what you are given and have fun

Geez Dan,

Why do you think you're right?

And big bold letters announcing you're right... and the snotty preface to your post...

If someone should be called an ahole... you may have just framed yourself.

I also find it interesting that many people are replying with a bit of tounge-n-cheek, and many are taking those comments way too seriously.

While nobody really knows (except my dead room mate), I'm sure there is rhyme and reason on how this process works. I have my theory... but I'm afraid I would get flamed if I shared (notice the word, theory).

Ok, I can't resist. I agree that upgrades are pretty much random. Besides, even if there was a "system" and you did everything right and booked at the right time, with the right TA, for the right cruise, and paid the most money for your category a year and a half in advance, it's STILL not a guarantee that you'll get an upgrade. So yes, book the cabin category you like, and if you get an upgrade, it's a nice surprise.

I also think it's hysterical that the OP has cruised once and is suddenly more of an expert than experienced cruisers and CC members. Contrary to the post above, I think this thread had been most entertaining! ;)

I have cruised 6 times with a guarantee, and never got upgraded, rather I was a first timer or a past guest, I got exactly what it was. So with that said I really don't think there is no sense on how they upgrade, and if there is we will never know.

Gosh, its amazing how dumb this has gotten.

When I say just leave it alone I am not TELLING anyone what to do I am just saying PLEASE STOP THIS,

Dan is right we are all acting like aholes!

This post is way out of hand and it was not intended for this.

Maybe I should have just talked with her in a private message, well you learn from your mistakes.

Alot of people have taken things I posted out of context, further more making situations worse to the two original people involved in this.

To you with the "dead Roomate" you are right. I do agree with you. As do I many of you. I never called anyone a name nor imposed anyone to be stupid or mocked people as alot of you here have done(not everyone). With what is going on in our country right now I think ALL of us should be ashamed for investing our energy in this STUPID argument and constent blows to one another, it is hurtful and meaningless if we all redirected our energy to people in need right now it would be a great advantage! Be thankful for your family and friends and relize life is short and take full advantage of you time here!

I say these words after learning of the where abouts of my family and friends this morning still no word on 2 of them, and 1 is no longer with us.

I am sorry you guys, JUST PLEASE stop fighting.

I will no longer be posting anything on this thread.

Dan is right we are all acting like aholes!

I guess you're right. I havn't posted, just been reading them and I'm starting to feel like a A-Hole for doing so.

I guess it's time to go do something productive.

New cruiser not allowed to post.....

Seriously folks, if you don't like the question that someone is asking just don't post to it and let the people who would like to answer do so.

So what if it has been asked or posted a million...or a billion times! If we were only allowed to ask or post something that has never been on here before there would not be a message board! If you do a search you can find some info...but maybe they would like new info or opinions from other people...nothing wrong with that.

Oh, and isn't it against the board rules to calll people aholes???????

I thought that I had read that this could get you banned?

We have only booked one guarantee...a 1a and got upgraded to 4d. We like to pick our cabins so we do that now.

You can see she is probably an easily stressed out person? And is apparently in the area affected by Katrina, or at least has family that is...so you could show a Modicum of compassion. Not everyone is as well adjusted as some of you think you are. Apparently the ego's on this thread are getting a little oversized. Perhaps we could all take a minute to reflect on IMPORTANT things, and then another minute to remember our last amazing cruise, and then we would all be ready to LET IT GO?;) and try to relax?:rolleyes:

I don't buy that that makes it okay to come onto a board and post that way. If I was stressed out, the 'puter is the last thing I'd be on, and certainly not on cruise boards asking how dare everyone's life go on, and how dare they continue their discussions or enjoy their crusie given what Katrina did to NOLA.

Nope... don't buy into it one bit.

Archived