Royal Suite Advice

bossy_01

Looking at the possibility of booking a royal suite for a very short 2 day cruise on eclipse - never sailed in a suite on Celebrity, and probably won't get the chance to again....So have a few questions.

1) Is in suite dining worth it?

2) How would drinks work with in suite dining? (Premium package is included, but not with room service? correct?)

3) What is the breakfast choice like for in suite dining?

4) Do you still get the included 2

5) What outside of the suite is worth taking advantage of?

This will only be a 2 nighter, and the focus will be the suite! Also anyone got any experience of 2 nighters? Any formal nights?

Thanks

Will the cruise be after April?

Looking at the possibility of booking a royal suite for a very short 2 day cruise on eclipse - never sailed in a suite on Celebrity, and probably won't get the chance to again....So have a few questions.

2) How would drinks work with in suite dining? (Premium package is included, but not with room service? correct?)

This will only be a 2 nighter, and the focus will be the suite! Also anyone got any experience of 2 nighters? Any formal nights?

Thanks

Thanks

Suite dining can be nice, but it isn't always what you might be expecting. It's great if you come back from a long day and don't feel like getting dressed for dinner. In terms of a romantic dining experience, it really depends on how well your butler serves your meal. I'm a little concerned about getting outstanding service on a 2-night cruise.

I'm assuming you are speaking about the May 2015 cruise. While the new suite benefits would be in effect, room service beverages aren't included, just the mini bar. You would have to pay for what ever drinks you order from the butler, unless you go to the bar yourself.

You can order whatever is on the breakfast menu in the dining room.

?

Michael's Club is a great benefit.

I happened to look at the price of a Royal Suite on the website. WOW! That seems really expensive. If you are willing to pay so much money for a Royal Suite, I would play a little more and go for the Penthouse.

My concern about the 2-nighter cruise, is you may not get the wonderful service you are hoping to find. You will only have one day to enjoy breakfast in your suite. It usually takes a little time for your butler to get to learn your preferences.

Thanks for the replies guys...

Yes the price is high, but because its only 2 days it is affordable, i.e. i would never be able to afford it on 7 night cruise. I really want to experience what celebrity is like with Suites.

In regards to the Penthouse, I don't actually see how it is that much better than the royal, especially with only 2 people sharing.

I was thinking on using in suite dining for one breakfast, one dinner and then using the new suite restaurant for other meals. ( 1 dinner, 1 breakfast and maybe lunch or 2).

Are you guys sort of suggesting that in suite dining is not worth it? not really special?

When we stayed in AQ and I was unable to go the dining room, they sent Blu meals to the cabin.

Eating in can be very nice and it is a beautiful suite. I am assuming you can get the new suite resturant meals brought in and that is supposed to be the best food in the ship, but I am not sure if anyone actually knows yet.

A guess what I am trying to say...is it worth it? Currently have a sky suite booked (not a great location as it was a gty), so i will get access to the new restaurant (one of the main draws for me). The difference is £1000 (so will comfortable cover any drinks that might be included in the royal suite). I want this to be a special surprise for my fiancee, but at the same time there is not point paying over the odds, if we wont get the service / experience.

tough choices

This is what the highlights maybe for you

Michaels club access

Hot tub on balcony

Great bathroom

Beautiful suite

It is an elegant suite and gorgeous!

In room dining will also be available to you in SS

I have never been on a two day cruise, but there is an opinion the experience is not quite the same. However, you have a butler in either case. So I would definitely immediately tell them what experience you want.

If you do the Royal, Michael's club conciege should contact you before boarding and you can arrange everything with butler before you board.

I can relate to tough decisions. If it's a once in a lifetime experience I may give it more weight.

If you plan to spend most of your time in the room, it might be worth it. The veranda is enormous and has a little jacuzzi (for one person; two if you're both petite and very good friends), which the SS does not. The main bath is almost the size of an inside cabin and has a separate shower and large jacuzzi tub. There was your standard mini-fridge and large bottles of Absolut and Dewar's(?), but no full bar. If those things are important to you, then by all means, indulge yourself.

Having been in both, I would personally choose to keep the Sky Suite and save the money. While we absolutely loved the RS, the SS was big enough and came with the same perks. I sincerely doubt that I'd fully enjoy all the space in the RS on a 2-day sailing enough to make it worth the extra expense, but that's just for my personal taste.

I don't know how full your sailing will be, but if you pick the SS and a larger suite is open, there's a possibility you could be upgraded.

I have some photos of the RS (on Equinox) and smaller SS (on Eclipse) in the galleries linked in my signature if you wish.

This is what the highlights maybe for you

Michaels club access

Hot tub on balcony

Great bathroom

Beautiful suite

It is an elegant suite and gorgeous!

In room dining will also be available to you in SS

I have never been on a two day cruise, but there is an opinion the experience is not quite the same. However, you have a butler in either case. So I would definitely immediately tell them what experience you want.

If you do the Royal, Michael's club conciege should contact you before boarding and you can arrange everything with butler before you board.

I can relate to tough decisions. If it's a once in a lifetime experience I may give it more weight.

Ditto...as for booze, just go to a bar or have yur butler go to a bar for a drink. You will also get a free bottle of champagne and two free litres of scotch, vodka, etc.

I wold go to a restaurant vs in suite dining for better food, but you can certainly have a nice meal in suite.

Breakfast is whatever you want.

Suite perks are extensive and include free unlimited internet.

Jacuzzi on balcony is a great thing!

Thanks HickoryShampoo - that was just the info i was after, the royal suite in the med must have been amazing!

I would plan on spending a lot of time in the room if we were to opt for the RS, but less so if we went for the SS (simply because there would be perhaps less features to 'enjoy'), we are back on the ship in June and have been before so the trip is not really about the ship or destination.

Does anyone know if we would get the bottles of spirits, as it is such a short cruise (lot of booze for 2 people in 2 days), if we did could we swop them? Maybe for bottles of wine for the in suite dining or Gin (we like gin and tonics)...

Thanks HickoryShampoo - that was just the info i was after, the royal suite in the med must have been amazing!

I would plan on spending a lot of time in the room if we were to opt for the RS, but less so if we went for the SS (simply because there would be perhaps less features to 'enjoy'), we are back on the ship in June and have been before so the trip is not really about the ship or destination.

Does anyone know if we would get the bottles of spirits, as it is such a short cruise (lot of booze for 2 people in 2 days), if we did could we swop them? Maybe for bottles of wine for the in suite dining or Gin (we like gin and tonics)...

In Royal suite just tell the conciege in Michael's club what you want swapped out and it will be in your suite before you arrive. I may add here, I have never sent a butler to a bar for a drink from package. But they will stock your fridge.

If I am honest, i wouldn't expect drinks brought to the room to be included in any packages...the royal suite is starting to sound good...

I could wait to see if prices fall, i would be surprised to see them increase. How long before they take all the suites off sale and start to allocate to GTY? i don't want to decide to go for it and then miss out!

If I am honest, i wouldn't expect drinks brought to the room to be included in any packages...the royal suite is starting to sound good...

I could wait to see if prices fall, i would be surprised to see them increase. How long before they take all the suites off sale and start to allocate to GTY? i don't want to decide to go for it and then miss out!

Are you thinking your SS may get upgraded? CS's would likly be upgraded first, but after observing this sort of thing last December I suspect whoever paid the most gets upgraded first. Are all the RS's open? So many less of them than SS.

Once I waited impatiently for a bigger sale and low and behold I awoke one morning to see every suite I was stalking taken. Just try to go with your gut to decide. But if you are thinking on SS going to RS it may not happen. When is this sailing?

Edited by hulamoon

I don't expect to get a free upgrade from SS to RS, I am willing to pay for it - but i am guessing that at a certain point all the rooms will disappear so celebrity can make all the GTY assignments (although my GTY has already been assigned). But I am guessing that this will occur around final payment. The cruise is the beginning of May, and there are currently 5 RS left to sell, i am concerned they may sell or price may go up. But if change to RS, it may not be possible to change back to SS.

Does that make sense?

Does anyone know if we would get the bottles of spirits, as it is such a short cruise (lot of booze for 2 people in 2 days),

In 2013, we did a 15-night TA followed by a 5-night Caribbean B2B both in a PH. We received the same 2 bottles for each cruise. I can see no reason why you would also not get 2-bottles for 2-nights.

Edited by Project_gal

You could hold another category with US based travel agency until final payment without penalty from Celebrity. Although the fun usually begins after final payment.

Also, if you want to play the time consuming yet occasionally rewarding upgrade game, also consider the angled CS still available.

Michaels club is available, but I also think the table for in suite dining is outdoors on eclipse CS.

We have been in an S1 on Silly and Equinox, but on a cabin crawl, we saw all the bigger suites. We have now booked a Celebrity Suite for a 5 night cruise. I honestly did not think 2 of us needed any more space. The main reason I booked it was to have a separate bedroom. It includes all of the perks of RS and PH except the booze and as we drink wine only and have the bev. package, we won't need that. I think the CS is much less money and plenty of room unless you are planning to have a big party.

There are differences..

CS over SS angled CS

Much larger balcony

Good placement on ship

I think they do have jetted tubs, google it to know for sure though

Better bathroom

more square footage

Better position for upgrade

What you will not get the RS gets

Free internet...but you have your elite status

Free drink package but I think there is a promo now (remember Cs gets MC)

Booze in suite

I looked at CS - but I don't see much added value of the SS to be honest. That is unless I am missing something.

I upgraded from an S1 to a CS on one of my last cruises and although more space, I was very disappointed in the claustrophobic bedroom (no window to see the ocean-like being in a regular old hotel room) and small bath - it's an awkward configuration in my opinion. I preferred the openness of the Sky Suite and being able to wake up to see the ocean every morning......

The CS also does not have a dining room table, nor the hot tub on the deck like the Royal. I felt that the CS was a good suite for entertaining a bunch of people, but for an intimate, special getaway, I would definitely go with the Royal

Edited by heidik

I do like the L shaped sofa in the CS, looks like a nice place to relax and chill out.

IMHO, the huge L-shaped sofa is a mistake in the S-class CS. It takes up so much room that there is little room to move around and you almost have to squeeze onto the sofa. With more thoughtful furniture design, they may have been able to include a dining table.

Of course, if you really want to try in-suite dining, the CS would be a bad choice. There is a table on the balcony but in a 2-night cruise out of Southampton in May, you are not going to get anywhere you would want to eat dinner, or even breakfast, outside on a moving ship!

Having said that, I am not certain that you will really get the opportunity to try proper in-suite dinning on a 2-night cruise. You will only have the first night and the final night, the two nights that your butler will be really busy. He is unlikely to refuse you but you may not have his full attention as you would on a longer cruise.

You said earlier on that you wanted to try the RS on this cruise because it is the only time that you will be able to. There are two ways at looking at this:

1 Go all out for it understanding that it will be the one and only time - if that is really the way you think, you may as well take the PH which will be a truly incredible experience

2 Understand that, once you have tried a suite, you will never want anything else - if that is more likely to be what it will be like for you, choose the SS as you are more likely to be able to afford that in the future

Edited by Project_gal

Hmmm.. after looking at the roll call, there is some suggestions that there will be no formal night on this cruise, for me this makes the pull of the suite greater, as we enjoy formal night and would struggle between being lazy in the suite or heading out to the Martini bar and then Dinner...

Just looked again at the PH suite, that bathroom is amazing! Does make it tempting, when you see the online videos you get more of an impression for the size...although the RS would provide more than enough space!