FLL Hotel pre cruise

Dollingdoc

Hello,

I need some help picking a hotel. Two of us are flying in late (11:30pm) to FLL, we need a place to stay the night then we are headed to the port of Miami to catch our ship. I am looking for a place that is safe since we are getting in so late. We would like shuttle service to the hotel if possible. A nice breakfast buffet would be nice as well.

I have seen reviews about the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn on here and trip advisor but there are more than one... which one is the recommended one?

I am also looking at SAS for service to and from the port of Miami.

All help is appreciated. This is a mother son trip and I want things to go smoothly. I'm a little nervous traveling alone with my son to an area I don't know.

I read all the treads and I need a little help sorting the hotels out.

Thanks in advance for any help. Sharon if you are here HELP : )

Edited by Dollingdoc

What are your dates? The Embassy Suites in FLL sometimes offers a shuttle to Miami included in one of their packages. This hotel would give you a 2 room suite with a door in between so you and your son could each have your own space. They also offer a fantastic buffet breakfast included in the rate.

The downside is the rooms can be pricey depending on the time of year.

The area is very safe (17th St) and there are lots of good restaurants within walking distance.

You will need a cab to get there but it shouldn't cost more than $15. I would much rather take a cab later at night then wait around for a free shuttle.

I wouldn't bother going into Fort Lauderdale when arriving so late. Stay at one of the chains in Dania, most being within a mile or two from the airport. Names like Fairfield , Homewood, Hampton Inn,Candlewood, Courtyard etc. are all available. Check out tripadvisor.com for Dania hotels. Most have shuttles to and from FLL but might not run late. Cab wouldn't be more than 8-10$ to those hotels. Then take a shuttle service to POM in the morning.

There are 2 Holiday Inn Express Hotels near the airport, on SE 17th St and S.R.84. There are 2 Hampton Inns, on Stirling Rd and on S.R. 84. Any of these would be fine for a late night arrival, so go by price. I think both HIE hotels have 24 hr shuttles...Hampton shuttles might not run that late....verify this with the hotels. Also look on the SAS website to make sure these are on their pickup list (I think they are); if not, you can shuttle to the airport and get SAS from there but that's not very convenient.

Edited by royalcruz

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much! This really cleared up a lot. I did not even realize that there was a city Dania between the Airpot and Fort Lauderdale. I will definitely check there. I also plan to use SAS for transportation.

We are coming to town March 15,2015.

Sharon a special thanks to you : )

Thank you for all the help,

Laney

Edited by Dollingdoc

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much! This really cleared up a lot. I did not even realize that there was a city Dania between the Airpot and Fort Lauderdale.

You almost have it right. The airport is in Fort Lauderdale.

Dania starts a block south of the airport.

Surrounding and to the north of the airport is Ft. Lauderdale.