Maho Beach...planes

csfedyshyn

When at the beach bars/restaurants on Maho Beach, is it better to pay in cash (do they accept US$) or pay by credit card.

The Sunset Bar and Grill at Maho does accept US$. We also have a credit card that does not charge us a conversion fee that we also use in St. Maarten and other Caribbean ports.

We also went to Maho Beach last year via Bernards Tours. I believe we spent at least an hour or more here which was enough time to see several planes land and take off. For a small island, the airport is rather busy!

I loved Maho beach it was a great experience. I dont think it is worth spending an entire day here unless your plan is to get wasted at the bar and blown over by planes taking off all day. From what I see, it appears that people do just that.

Bernards Tours was great because it offers many highlights of the island little by little. At $45 pp it was money well spent. Oh I didI mention they offer beer, rum punch, soda and water in the price? :eek:

The Sunset Bar and Grill at Maho does accept US$. We also have a credit card that does not charge us a conversion fee that we also use in St. Maarten and other Caribbean ports.

My wife and I were there two years ago, we paid with US dollars.

Whoops, I misread your post. My mistake!

I recently had knee replacement surgery, I really want to go to Maho but I will need to sit, is there plenty of places to sit at Sunset Beach Bar, are there beach chairs and umbrellas to rent? cost? We'll probably just get a taxi from the pier.

We also went to Maho Beach last year via Bernards Tours. I believe we spent at least an hour or more here which was enough time to see several planes land and take off. For a small island, the airport is rather busy!

I loved Maho beach it was a great experience. I dont think it is worth spending an entire day here unless your plan is to get wasted at the bar and blown over by planes taking off all day. From what I see, it appears that people do just that.

Bernards Tours was great because it offers many highlights of the island little by little. At $45 pp it was money well spent. Oh I didI mention they offer beer, rum punch, soda and water in the price? :eek:

Can't wait! Thanks for the additional info!

I recently had knee replacement surgery, I really want to go to Maho but I will need to sit, is there plenty of places to sit at Sunset Beach Bar, are there beach chairs and umbrellas to rent? cost? We'll probably just get a taxi from the pier.

Yes there is sitting at the Sunset Bar & Grill. You can also rent 2 lounges and an umbrella for $20. Plenty of taxis to take you back to the pier or into the town of Philipsburg.