Best Early Saver Category for Price Drops

eweiss1979

What is the best early saver category to reserve for price drops?

And does it matter how many people you have in a cabin when it comes to price drops. For instance we have a cabin booked for 5. If the price drops on the 2 person rate do we still qualify even if all the 5 cabin rooms at the same category are filled?

In order to price compare, it would have to be another 5 person cabin. As far as the category, I would pick one that had lots of 5 people options. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many of those on any given ship.

Looking at the invoice it seems the 1st and 2nd passenger cost the same. Then it appears there is a discount on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th passenger. Is there a common formula used to come up with the 3rd, 4th, and 5th passenger's rate based on the 1st and 2nd passenger rate?

If there was then it would seem that you could realistically price compare a 5 person cabin with a 2 person cabin at the same category.

In fact the rate we bought for the 1st and 2nd passenger is the same rate they are selling for the 2 person cabins at the same category. So it would seem that they match up and you could argue for a price drop for you 1st and 2nd passengers in your cabin if the rate drops for the 2 person cabins. But I wasn't sure if anyone has tried that before and was successful.

I was also told at booking that even with Early Saver we could cancel the 3rd, 4th, and 5th passengers without penalty before Final Payment Date. The Rep said the deposits for the those passengers would be fully credited back to the balance on the room and go toward final payment of the 1st and 2nd passengers. No fee would be assessed and the rates for the 1st and 2nd passengers would remain the same.

Would they allow you to then move into a 2 person room at same category without penalty?

If so then I also believe that Carnival is more than happy to add people to your reservation at any time as long as a room was available that had capacity. So technically you could just apply for the rate drop for 1st and 2nd passenger after moving rooms and then after getting it re-add the other passengers back and carnival would have to put you back into the room you originally vacated. I suppose.

Or Carnival could just give you the rate drop you requested in the first place. which would be easier.

Edited by eweiss1979

Actually I found more rooms in the deck below that are the same category and can accommodate 5. They are just midship instead of forward like on my Lido deck. So that is good. Might just get a price drop. I did confirm that Carnival does require that the price drop comparison the other room must accommodate the same amount of guests in order to qualify.

There are a lot of assumptions and speculation being offered here, but its really pretty simple.

What is the price protection assurance feature with Early Saver?

If you find a lower Carnival advertised fare after booking your cruise, we will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: (a) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests (b) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate and © a rate the guest in the cabin are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

There are a lot of assumptions and speculation being offered here, but its really pretty simple.

What is the price protection assurance feature with Early Saver?

If you find a lower Carnival advertised fare after booking your cruise, we will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: (a) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests (b) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate and © a rate the guest in the cabin are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

Yes, exactly!! I want some obcs for my vista booking and would like to book a Havana inside but I'm sure the rooms will sell out therefore no price drops. I think an inside I may get lucky, lol.. I'll repost in a year if it happens!!haha

When I booked the sunshine inside cabin, I ended up with over $400 obc from early saver.