Connecting Oceanview Rooms

swright

Does anyone know if we have 5 people going if we can book connecting oceanview rooms that are meant for 3 people in one and 3 in another? Someone on another site said you had to have 6 to book these but no connecting rooms have 3 and 2.

Does anyone know if we have 5 people going if we can book connecting oceanview rooms that are meant for 3 people in one and 3 in another? Someone on another site said you had to have 6 to book these but no connecting rooms have 3 and 2.

Depends on the cruise and sail date... on one of my cruises, we were able to do that but on the last cruise I booked, Carnival had some of the rooms locked to where you could not book the cabin unless they were filled to capacity.

When I spoke with that planner, they told me sometimes they open up those rooms to anyone when they get closer to the sail date.

But like I said, it all depends on the ship and sail date... Doesn't hurt to call and ask :)

We were able to book 3 people into a 4-person room that sailed in late April, and we booked 2 people into a 4-person room that sailed last November. Those are lower demand times, which is probably why they let us do it. If you are looking to book during summer, holidays, or Spring Break (which is in reference to all of March but not really April), then they're less likely to let you do it. Other times or specific sailings can sometimes have that restriction too, but it's not as common as during those high demand times.

I booked an OV guarantee for a Feb. 22 sailing, and a couple of weeks ago got my assigned room, which is a connecting room...and I am traveling solo. I thought that was interesting, that they "used up" a set of connecting rooms for one person.