Accra Beach

lyndaedris

Hi!

Can anyone give me some specific info on Accra Beach. How much to rent lounges/unbrellas. How far from pier. Going to be in Barbados on the Adventure of the Seas the week of Sept. 25.

Don't like "undertows" caught in one once was not a great experience. Waves are fine. A nice clean white sandy beach with a place to buy a good drink and some snacks ect.

If you know of nicer beaches please let me know. We usually do excursions on our cruises but this time decided to just do beaches. Finding nice beaches is harder than finding a good excursion!

Thanks for your help.

Hi there chairs on accra Beach are BDS$5.00 I think the umbrellas are ithe BDS$5 or BDS$10 no more than that though.

There is not usualy a noteable undertow there only ever been once and felt one strong.

Sandy Beach usualy has a strong one.

West coast beaches are also usualy calm but if a weather system is passing or it is aroung spring time you get the spring tides.

Most days Accra is fine it has been very beautifull of late :)

Accra is my favorite beach in Barbados. Nice beach, good sea to swim in (usually). on most days there a few waves, but sometimes, depending on the weather you can get bigger ways and pulling currents, but mostly a great beach to hangout on.

as far as food etc. you can choose the east end of the beach the Sugar Reef which has a great view, or you can head over to the kiosk food area and visit my friend Pat at De Rock Bar. She makes great drinks and great food. Tell her Sunnie Sent you.

There are umbrellas and chairs for rent. The port is not to far, but not walking distance. Ask any taxi and it should be about a 15-20min ride. (that depends on the time of day you are headed to or from the pier).

have a great time

Archived