"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

Since I don't think Charleston can handle the parking of both the Sunshine and Fantasy being out together, I think Fantasy must be headed to dry dock next May. It is a 19 day stretch. I wonder what all they can do in 19 days?

Shoot, I would just like to see one of the newer ships with all the bells & whistles on it on go to the West coast, as us who can only leave from the west coast ports have NEVER had here. Sorry, but the Miracle did not get ALL the bells & whistles of a full 2.0 upgrade on it just 3 bar name changes was pretty much it.

And the only other thing would be to start using the port in San Diego, it is so much better than the port in Long Beach. With ANY ship I don't care which one.

Just my 2cents worth on the Dancing of the Ships.

Shoot, I would just like to see one of the newer ships with all the bells & whistles on it on go to the West coast, as us who can only leave from the west coast ports have NEVER had here. Sorry, but the Miracle did not get ALL the bells & whistles of a full 2.0 upgrade on it just 3 bar name changes was pretty much it.

And the only other thing would be to start using the port in San Diego, it is so much better than the port in Long Beach. With ANY ship I don't care which one.

Just my 2cents worth on the Dancing of the Ships.

One can only dream, I wish they would though, but they only care to sending ships where they will make money. Highly disappointed in miracle's so called 2.0 "upgrades" you would think that after upgrading all the other Spirit class ships, that they would do the same for this ship, and they didn't. Makes no sense whatsoever. Another thing that makes no sense at all is having two fantasy class ships doing the SAME EXACT itineraries out of the same port, at least send one down to San Diego to do the itineraries Elation used to do, or even have a 5 day to Cabo from Long Beach. I don't know who is in charge of planning the west coast itineraries, but they need someone new in charge for that.

One can only dream, I wish they would though, but they only care to sending ships where they will make money. Highly disappointed in miracle's so called 2.0 "upgrades" you would think that after upgrading all the other Spirit class ships, that they would do the same for this ship, and they didn't. Makes no sense whatsoever. Another thing that makes no sense at all is having two fantasy class ships doing the SAME EXACT itineraries out of the same port, at least send one down to San Diego to do the itineraries Elation used to do, or even have a 5 day to Cabo from Long Beach. I don't know who is in charge of planning the west coast itineraries, but they need someone new in charge for that.

I totally agree with you. I have on that cruise you spoke of the Elation out of San Diego, it was great!!! I would much rather go to Cabo than Ensenada anyday. I also loved it when they had the 8 night cruises that went down to Alcapulco, Mazanillo & Ixtapa when the Spirit left from San Diego. We have 2 ports down here in San Diego, one that was just competed last year. Both are inside out of the rain. Have you ever left out of the Los Angeles port STANDING in one of those LONG LINES in the pouring rain, one time we had to, so not pleasant. I didn't feel well that cruise as I caught a cold. At least in San Diego there are a LOT of places to sit down that are INSIDE out of the pouring rain.

I totally agree with you. I have on that cruise you spoke of the Elation out of San Diego, it was great!!! I would much rather go to Cabo than Ensenada anyday. I also loved it when they had the 8 night cruises that went down to Alcapulco, Mazanillo & Ixtapa when the Spirit left from San Diego. We have 2 ports down here in San Diego, one that was just competed last year. Both are inside out of the rain. Have you ever left out of the Los Angeles port STANDING in one of those LONG LINES in the pouring rain, one time we had to, so not pleasant. I didn't feel well that cruise as I caught a cold. At least in San Diego there are a LOT of places to sit down that are INSIDE out of the pouring rain.

They used to have great itineraries from here back in 2006-2009 and great ships. It used to be Splendor and Paradise in LB and Spirit and Elation in SD. Spirit had some amazing itineraries, wish I would've sailed on her :( Long beach needs a more organized boarding process. I recently sailed on princess last month out of San Pedro, and they have a VERY organized boarding system in place. From the time I entered the terminal to the time I was onboard, was around 45-50 minutes. And this was a sold out cruise. Very organized, I loved Princess. But Carnival needs to step up their game again here in California like they used to. When the Spirit, Elation, Paradise; and Splendor were all here,I like to refer to those times as the "Golden Days of West Coast Cruising"

Edited by Alexv500

I'm curious.. people always quote about Carnival not making money on the West Coast, but when looking at cruises there always seem to be cheaper ones from Florida, where they have so many ships. Is it a lack of spending, port fees, or what? Because I normally cruise in April, I just did a search for April 2016 6-9 day cruises and the cheapest of the two in Los Angeles is as low as $82 per night (interior) but the cheapest one out of FL is $42/night (interior) with a high of $72/night (interior.) Other classes seem to match this scenario too.

What am I missing?

Edited by wlc108

I'm curious.. people always quote about Carnival not making money on the West Coast, but when looking at cruises there always seem to be cheaper ones from Florida, where they have so many ships. Is it a lack of spending, port fees, or what? Because I normally cruise in April, I just did a search for April 2016 6-9 day cruises and the cheapest of the two in Los Angeles is as low as $82 per night (interior) but the cheapest one out of FL is $42/night (interior) with a high of $72/night (interior.) Other classes seem to match this scenario too.

What am I missing?

I know! Florida offers some cheappp cruises. I've seen 7 day Caribbean cruises from $450 pp. Some claim that cruises here on the west coast are heavily discounted, $600-and up for a 7 day Mexican Riviera is not heavily discounted if you ask me. Some Caribbean cruises are way cheaper than that, the only reason I don't do Caribbean is because the airfare ends up costing more than the actual cruise!

I know! Florida offers some cheappp cruises. I've seen 7 day Caribbean cruises from $450 pp. Some claim that cruises here on the west coast are heavily discounted, $600-and up for a 7 day Mexican Riviera is not heavily discounted if you ask me. Some Caribbean cruises are way cheaper than that, the only reason I don't do Caribbean is because the airfare ends up costing more than the actual cruise!

Same here -- if we had prices like FL I'd be on a cruise every weekend ;)

Wow I was right about the Ecstasy and Fantasy swapping spots???? That may just be the first guess I have had right with all this dancing! And we think we know the Miracle to Tampa and Splendor to Long Beach. And we think we know the Victory to San Juan. So that just leaves the Fascination right? I would love to see some short cheap cruises on the Fascination from Port Everglades. It is so much cheaper to fly into Ft Lauderdale than Miami. At least for me since I fly Southwest.

Wow I was right about the Ecstasy and Fantasy swapping spots???? That may just be the first guess I have had right with all this dancing! And we think we know the Miracle to Tampa and Splendor to Long Beach. And we think we know the Victory to San Juan. So that just leaves the Fascination right? I would love to see some short cheap cruises on the Fascination from Port Everglades. It is so much cheaper to fly into Ft Lauderdale than Miami. At least for me since I fly Southwest.

Miracle to Tampa is confirmed, there's a charter cruise on it for Feb.2017 from Tampa so it's definitely going there. Victory will most likely head to San Juan. Just waiting for confirmation on if Splendor will be coming back home to Long Beach. #BringSplendorHome

Well everything they have did makes some sense except for all those Fantasy class ships in Miami. Wonder why they want so many ships in Miami and just one in Ft Lauderdale. That will mean 5 in Miami right? Fantasy, Sensation, Fascination, Glory, and Vista.

Well everything they have did makes some sense except for all those Fantasy class ships in Miami. Wonder why they want so many ships in Miami and just one in Ft Lauderdale. That will mean 5 in Miami right? Fantasy, Sensation, Fascination, Glory, and Vista.

It's becoming the Fantasy class ship capital. I don't know why they are doing that. Miami was once home to all the great Carnival ships, such as Breeze and many conquest class ships. Now the only

Good ships they'll have in Miami will be Vista and Glory once Breeze and Splendor leave.