Do you save much money by booking at the last minute?

I am looking at going on a Thompson Cruise at Easter.

The prices on the Thompson website seem to go up and down on a daily basis

Would it be better to wait until a week before I go to book it?

There are 3 cruises I am looking at and the only thing I would like is an outside cabin

Edited by opsman123

yes their pricing structure is a unfathomable dark art:confused::rolleyes:

you may get a good deal last minute but they often only have insides left ... the outside cabin supplements dont ever change by much

popular times like easter? often sell out (usually due to seats on aircraft availability)

I got a fantastic deal on the Celebration last Easter - flying on Good Friday from our small local airport - we booked it 10 days before & every day after that, the price kept going up & up! We were very lucky particularly as it is also the school holidays but we did go for an inside cabin deck 1/2 - it was a very 'extra' and on the spur of the moment holiday - had never stayed so low on a ship before but just wanted the best price we could get & actually we spend so little time in the cabin but I had the best 7 nights sleep ever in that cabin lol!

I am looking at going on a Thompson Cruise at Easter.

The prices on the Thompson website seem to go up and down on a daily basis

Would it be better to wait until a week before I go to book it?

There are 3 cruises I am looking at and the only thing I would like is an outside cabin

Outside cabins always go first. You may be lucky and see some as the price begins to reduce (usually about 6 weeks out but not guaranteed).

If it is a deal breaker you should take the plunge and just book.

One tip I always found useful was to check the site once a day and log the info on a spread sheet to the date by the type of cabin you want.

I recently did this and booked about 18 days out. It is a deck 6/7 inside (which doesn't bother me) and we got it for a price we are happy with. It has dropped a little more since (about£40pp) but leaving it any later may well reduce your preferred airport options.

I would say if you are interested in three and not bothered which you got, to hang on. I'm sure you'll get a good deal on at least one of them.

You could also check the flights only from the airport you want to make sure these are not selling out.

Edited by happy v

Many thanks for your advise. They all seemed to have increased today so I think I will just book over the weekend. Going to go for the Aegean Gems on the 1st of April Thompson Spirit. It is around £60 per person more expensive today than it was on Monday

Many thanks for your advise. They all seemed to have increased today so I think I will just book over the weekend. Going to go for the Aegean Gems on the 1st of April Thompson Spirit. It is around £60 per person more expensive today than it was on Monday

I was tracking that one for the Easter Holidays and the price varies a lot depending on the airport.

I recently booked on Celebration for April, and I found it was approx £200 each cheaper to fly from Birmingham rather than Manchester. It will take me about an hour longer to drive to Birmingham, but worth it for the £400 saving!

So always worth checking different airports as the price difference can be huge.

If you're brave you could also check the cruise-only price and book your own flights, but then you have to also factor in the cost of the airport to cruise terminal transfer.