Fair Viewer-Cruise Cost ONLY?

Weeziblu

Just want to clarify, that when I'm checking for price reductions on my sailing, I'm comparing to the cost of the CRUISE ONLY...

The "taxes, fess and port expenses" listed on my itinerary at Carnival dot com are not included in the total quoted on the Fair Viewer.

Is that correct?

TIA

I believe you just have to pay attention to the "Cruise Rate" that you paid and then compare that to the "Your Rate Fare" that the fare viewer lists. Thats what I did. I too was new to the Early Saver Rate (1st time booking it), and once I saw the Your Fare Rate change from what I paid for the "Cruise Rate", I called my PVP and asked him if thats the correct way to go about it and he said yes, thats how it should be used.

the only problem with that is sometimes the fees/taxes change which do impact the price of the cruise and can either reduce what you get back or totally prevent you from a price drop. Of course, the fees/taxes can come down too which will get you a price drop which you won't see via fareviewer.

I use the fare viewer right now it's showing the cruise is $400 more then what I paid. How do you do a mock? Sorry never done it. I've tried to go on my cruise and book but it won't let me pick the lido deck.

Go into the carnival website like you would do a normal booking. Except you can stop after you select the deck you currently have the cabin on. The total price will reflect the rate category and all taxes/fees.