Celebrity Silhouette Transatlantic

Floridastorm

Two years ago we did the TA on Reflection to Barcelona...loved that. Have been on Reflection twice..that is a beautiful ship, also. Also have been on the Eclipse, Equinox, Solstice and Constellation. Loved them all! You will love the Silhouette!

Been on Silhouette and Equinox and Solstice - never disappointed. Looking forward to this one - 8 days at sea? Hope they are offering some seminars, courses, etc. ARe there any Cruise Critic get togethers planned? We are Paul & Lo, aka Logbog

Lots going on over on the roll call! Come join us. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2008029&page=33

Also sign up for the Connections party, over 394 now signed up!

Two years ago we did the TA on Reflection to Barcelona...loved that. have been on Reflection twice..that is a beautiful ship, also. Also have been on the Eclipse, Equinox, Solstice and Constellation. Loved them all! You will love the Silhouette!

We've done 2 transatlantics on S class ships, Eclipse and Equinox. Both were wonderful. There was a passenger choir, great art classes, great lectures, and wonderful ports of call. Great service and food. We've had six 2-week cruises on S class ships and we love them. Have fun on yours.

• 3 months later...
We don't have cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truly an impossible question to answer, since we have zero idea about the things that you like to spend money on. Do you like to drink? Bring a lot of money. Do you like to gamble? Ditto. On our last cruise for 14 days my total bill was $62, but I had some onboard credit, prepaid gratuities, etc. Your gratuities will be $12.95 a day if you are in a standard cabin IIRC, so bring at least that much.

For your ports of call, do you plan on doing ship excursions, private excursions with a group, private excursions on your own, just wander around the town and maybe have lunch or do a little shopping? Now you can see why it's so hard for someone else to say how much money you should bring

Edited by CathyCruises

We don't have cc

then bring enough cash to cover the costs of a 2 or 3 day unexpected delay getting home (food, hotel, transportation) in addition to what you think you need for the cruise.

also what about unexpected medical expenses?

miss your flight?

I'm sure you have your own reasons for not having a credit card, but to travel (especially internationally) without one carries a risk, IMO.

Edited by Nachosdelux

Are going to be on the October 31st TA. Does anyone know if they load the Elite happy hour drinks to your sea pass instead of the room because of the number of Elites and above? Are traveling with one couple that is not Elite and trying to figure our schedules, etc. Thanks

then bring enough cash to cover the costs of a 2 or 3 day unexpected delay getting home (food, hotel, transportation) in addition to what you think you need for the cruise.

also what about unexpected medical expenses?

miss your flight?

I'm sure you have your own reasons for not having a credit card, but to travel (especially internationally) without one carries a risk, IMO.

I usually get 700-800euros from our bank to cover extra tips, tours, taxis, souvenirs,etc. I know that carries a fee, but I like to have the cash...then if you need more, maybe you can use your prepaid MC at an ATM for cash, or charge expenses on the card.

Having done six transatlanticss, including both directions on the Silhouette, my observation is that a majority of passengers are retired and have been for awhile. TA are longer cruises and not many younger cruisers have the time as the "old folks" do. Just being at the elite event at night demonstrates this perimeter.

A good number of people that got off this springs in Amsterdam had plans to extend their stay by a couple of days, others were on to another cruise. Weather north of Lisbon was noticeably cooler and the need for a rain jacket if it is late April or early May.

If you are staying in Amsterdam, look carefully where your hotel is - some of the people we were with choose price over location and goofed! Stay near Damm Square area as it is centrally located with good transportation.

Hal

My thought would be the average age on a TA is mid to late 60's.

I also agree with the earlier poster the preferred TA would be westbound over eastbound. The extra 6 to 7 hours of time zone additions does add up. However, any TA is a great cruise, especially with Celebrity. :cool: