Celebrity Silhouette Transatlantic

Floridastorm

I'm just worried that there's not enough to do on sea days. It's usually a lot cheaper than going to the Caribbean, me I like cruising to relax and see the world. It's funny on Carnival you see people in their 60s-70s, you think nothing of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is plenty to do and many ways to relax. Also I'm seeing more ports in recent years on TA's.

Regarding older people on Carnival. Now if I was a 20 something and saw a passenger in their 60's, I would just chalk it up that they haven't figured it out yet. :cool:

Rock Stars.

Well really, (except TA's) Celebrities marketing approach of Modern Luxury is definitely working. They are doing it to lure in the more successful and affluent younger crowd while weeding out (unless their hip) 70-80's crowd, and accept or appreciate the, i.e. modern music, younger shows, more atmosphere, etc. etc.

Are going to be on the October 31st TA. Does anyone know if they load the Elite happy hour drinks to your sea pass instead of the room because of the number of Elites and above? Are traveling with one couple that is not Elite and trying to figure our schedules, etc. Thanks

We just got off the Silhouette in the Baltics and we were not given coupons or anything loaded onto our cards for CC. There was a hosted party in the Sky lounge each night. We never went as we had drink packages and it was only from 5-7, not a great time if you are eating late.

Which stateroom is usually best for a TA, heard it's cold in the Atlantic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be cold in the Bay of Biscay and farther north, but the crossings I've been on, four to date, have been wonderful. Any cabin works, just depends how much time you think you'd be likely to spend on a balcony, etc.

Are going to be on the October 31st TA. Does anyone know if they load the Elite happy hour drinks to your sea pass instead of the room because of the number of Elites and above? Are traveling with one couple that is not Elite and trying to figure our schedules, etc. Thanks

Royal Caribbean loads their sea pass, not Celebrity

It can be cold in the Bay of Biscay and farther north, but the crossings I've been on, four to date, have been wonderful. Any cabin works, just depends how much time you think you'd be likely to spend on a balcony, etc.

During our TA in late November 2013, the weather was about 75 F after we left Canary Islands.

Anyone have experience on spring TA? Thinking about restaurant package and when to do the Lawn Club???

Hello Cindy1957

In April of this year I did my first TA with the Equinox going to

Barcelona "SOLO... that was my best cruise so far... Lots to do, never boring and I met a lot of nice people before the cruise in my hotel or on board through cruise critic... we decided to wear beads to recognize each other and we booked private tours together.

I will be on the April 10 TA with a "B2B2B Southampton/Amsterdam/Amsterdam... Expensive as a Solo traveler, but a very interesting itinerary... I usually book the Specialty restaurants on board, sometimes they have specials, but I will splurge for a drink package for the TA.

At the pool they have blankets if it gets to cool to sit just with a towel...

hope that helps a bit.. Rose

If you want a balcony take a starboard one, that's where the sun is...

hope to meet some fellow travelers who travel solo also...