Need Help Locating "slinky" Fabric Outfit

Lizzybell

Dear Ladies-1st time poster to this forum...you all are so nice & friendly-thanks in advance!! I am going on a NCL repo cruise on 9/25-i am looking for a pantsuit made out of the slinky jersey knit fabric(really stretchy) that you can roll into a ball and it never wrinkles/great for traveling etc. Mervyns used to carry the line of pants(elastic waist), loose fitted long sleeve jck and a shell-(all sold sep. but they no longer carry them) i am looking for a chocolate brown outfit. Any ideas-cruise is in 3 wks and i am getting nervous about not finding the set-i have waited til the last minute to buy something as i have been losing a lot of weight(85lb to date-25 more to go)

I thought this kind of outfit would look good now, hide some "bumps" and still look decent in 15 lbs etc. If you know of a name brand please post that and i can find a store locally that might sell them. Thanks much, Liz

Hello Lizzybell, and welcome.

Are you talking about a micro-fiber type of material?

If it is, then I have a couple of skirts in that type of material and understand what you're saying.

If I can think of something, I will certainly post.

~e

Hi-i looked at Chicos and yes, their travelerware is exactly what i am looking for.

However, we just found out our 3yr dog needs knee surgery-$5000 :( -so right now i am counting all my pennies. Fabric isnt microfiber, its a jersey knit/ or poly/spandex. Will try to find something like that, less expensive-any & all ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks very much. Liz

Try eBay - They have a couple of dealers selling clothes in the new Slinky line. BTW, ebay is a great way to buy clothes for a cruise. Most people don't know they can buy "new" clothes on ebay. I just got a beautiful "New with tags" beaded dress for under $30.00 for my next cruise! This is where I first saw the "Slinky" line of capri sets, tank dresses, tank tops etc. Hope this helps.

Janet

As a seamstress I'm familiar with what you're looking for. Try to get an acetate/spandex(lycra) blend--they're the best of this type. Coldwater Creek has it; search under "travel knit" or "acetate" in the search and you'll see what they have. This stuff is great--in fact, I'm sewing some now for MY cruise.

Good luck

Hi Lizzybell -- I hope your dog is okay. I understand the priorities with dogs. I have two 60-pound poodles.

HSN sells something called Slinky brand. They may have some great prices on their website. I also found out that you can use a AAA card on the hsn.com site to save additional $$ on most things!

I congratulate you on your phenomenal weight loss. That -- I also understand. I lost 90 pounds. Chicos is the best place for those knit pieces. I have a chocolate brown outfit I bought a couple of years ago. I think the color is back in the stores this season.

--Judy

Lizzybell...definitely check out QVC.com and search for Citiknits. They have tons of options, including chocolate brown items. The prices are quite reasonable and much less than other sites offer (usually in the $50-$75 range for two piece sets). The material is rayon acetate/spandex. It does not wrinkle and it wonderful to pack. I always take some Citiknits on a cruise and it works well.

You can call QVC if you are uncomfortable about purchasing on line. And you can request UPS GROUND service at no extra charge and I find it gets there sooner than regular mail. They run true to size also.

Congratulations on losing all the weight. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!:)

Hi Lizzy - Try either HSN for their Slinky brand or QVC for their Citiknits brand. I think Chadwicks of Boston has a few pieces made out of that type of material, too.

I've travelled with Citiknits and can tell you for sure that it does not wrinkle.

You'll never believe it but I found an outfit in that very fabric at BJ's Wholesale Club. I have seen the same brandname at Filenes for 3X as much. I believe it was a new shipment when I got there- and that was just last week. I saw alot of black outfits, black and bright colors and chocolate brown.

Congrats on your weightloss!

I have purchased some items on QvC and someone on thisboard suggested e-bay. I had never used e bay and was not sure if this was a good idea or not.

I have purchased several items of citiknits on ebay now and is works great if you know your size and have the time to wait for the item to sell.

Good luck.

Pat

Dear Ladies-1st time poster to this forum...you all are so nice & friendly-thanks in advance!! I am going on a NCL repo cruise on 9/25-i am looking for a pantsuit made out of the slinky jersey knit fabric(really stretchy) that you can roll into a ball and it never wrinkles/great for traveling etc. Mervyns used to carry the line of pants(elastic waist), loose fitted long sleeve jck and a shell-(all sold sep. but they no longer carry them) i am looking for a chocolate brown outfit. Any ideas-cruise is in 3 wks and i am getting nervous about not finding the set-i have waited til the last minute to buy something as i have been losing a lot of weight(85lb to date-25 more to go)

I thought this kind of outfit would look good now, hide some "bumps" and still look decent in 15 lbs etc. If you know of a name brand please post that and i can find a store locally that might sell them. Thanks much, Liz

I know exactly where you can get "slinky" clothes - Home Shopping Network -

HSN.com. Have fun!

I got my pants, jacket, tank tops and a long skirt by White Stag at Wal-Mart. Also just got a great long dress in the same type of material at Coldwater Creek. You can also find it at Chico's. I have to try stuff on so I don't do much on-line buying of clothing. Great job on the weight loss!

Thank you to all for the advice-i have looked on ebay re chicos & HSN/QVC. we leave 3 weeks from today :))) so i have some time. Would like to find a brand i can try on before purchasing, so will try Kohls. My next challenge will be "packing lite" for a 5 day west coast repo & overnite in Vancouver. Thank you also for the kind congrats on the weight loss-its a daily struggle. Liz

Archived