To upset to sleep.

brn2crz

brn2crz, I will be meeting you on your upcoming cruise. It is just so tragic, especially the looters and snipers. Of course, I can understand food, water and necessities, but not the TV's, etc., etc. A big hug goes out to you until we meet.

I visit a 90 year old lady in a nursing home. She is legally blind and cannot see the TV and when I was telling her about it, she just asked me "why God was doing this to us and she could not understand why she was still living and so many other people were dying". I will not tell her the actual magnitude when they really find out, because of what I already told her, she just lays in bed and cries.

I'm finding myself as I'm watching the news, with tears streaming down my face too, at the drop of a hat. I have never complained about any cruise we have ever been on, because in life, certain things happen; but, like someone already said, I would gladly give up my cruise for someone to have a bed to sleep in and to be able to take a shower. Can't count our blessings enough ! ! I wish there was something else we could do but send $$$, but at this point, I understand that is what they need, so that is what we did.

Bless all of the people who have lost everything. Off my soapbox now, sorry, but this is so very tragic.

I also cannot sleep. Today I received an email from my office that one of our outside agents in the Mississippi area right outside NOLA lost her home and all her belongings. She has a husband and 3 small children, that managed to escape. My boss was asking if we could to send a check in her name in a sealed envelope to the office, and they would foward it to her.

At least I can help out and know a real person is receiving it.

Diane Giambalvo

I just watched a nice wtory on FOX news. A man looted some stores to get baby formula, diapers, wipes, juice, for the babies at the convention center. He did not have children. But for people to do this it makes your heart sink. As for those that are taking TV's radios and just breaking things they need to be arrested. But for the ones that are just trying to give food for their families or others. They are doing what anyone would do. My hat off to these people.

I have read on other boards stating how CCL has given ships to the effort and the pro's and con's toward other cruise lines. I am sure the government does not need more ships. The ships are not for those that are homeless but for the workers. It will take a long time to rebuild the south. But many states will send help in ways as they have been through this. Not to such a $$ amount and displacement, but to the knowledge of where to start.

Think of the organizations that have been around for years.

RED CROSS

SALVATION ARMY

Or if you are young and not sure of what you want to do.

NATIONAL GUARD

Say a little Prayer for everyone:)

If you have computer knowledge and time. Get with the RED CROSS to help families find each other. It does not always take $$. Skills are valuable too..

I am helping setup the command post in Dallas and Microsoft is coming in with a software package that helps locate lost / missing persons. We will have a pc bank for data entry. If you have pc skills and are in an designated evacuee sight, get with the Red Cross in your area and see if Microsoft is doing the same thing there. They could probably use the help.......

I have walked through the living quarters in the Dallas Convention Center and the number of people is unbelievable. Also, the number of volunteers are unbelievable. The help just keeps pouring in......

So far, there is Houston, San Antonio, Dallas and last night (09/03/05) we got word that Austin is opening up. We also heard that El Paso is a possibility. I overheard a conference call that many of the evacuees have decided to stay in Texas and not go back. Texas has just grown by about 75,000 people.

I keep hearing about Texas taking in evacuees (of course cuz I live in Texas), does anyone else have information about their state???? It would be interesting to hear how many states are taking in evacuees...

Try to get some sleep because the ones that have been evacuated are being well taken care of........

I can't seem to stop watching all the news coverage either. I hate leaving for work in the morning wondering what will happen on the news while I'm gone, then turning the tv back on as soon as I get in the door. I wake up and the first thing I do is check the news to see what's going on. I feel like I'm watching one of those disaster movies. This just can't be happening, but OMG it is. If I feel this way, I can only imagine how those poor people must feel that are actually living through this nightmare.

I pray for them, their families and their future.

Archived