Pick A New Feature Or Activity On a Cruise Ship

PTarbay

I am conflicted about the return of A list celebs and shows...On one hand, i think it would be great if the lines spent more of their $ on top celebs/shows and less on bells and whistles, but on the other hand, I think maybe it would be bad in that so much $ could be spent on a performer that very likely a large percentage of the cruise crowd would not be interested in.

EDIT- I think this post makes very little sense after I typed it. Good job, J.

I would absolutely love to see Phantom anywhere

As cute and energetic as they are, I am not sure the RC singers and dancers could do justice to Phantom, or any other Broadway show, without a LOT more practice. Just MHO.

As cute and energetic as they are, I am not sure the RC singers and dancers could do justice to Phantom, or any other Broadway show, without a LOT more practice. Just MHO.

You're probably right but I've seen several broadway type shows on Carnival that were actually pretty good.The Phantom is probably a much bigger challenge though.

For what it is worth, here is my list...

1) Hard Rock Cafe

2) Swim Up Bar in Adult Pool

3) Bungee Trampoline (Like the one on the Enchantment)

4) Horseback Riding (Just Kidding) :D

As I think of more, I will post them....

Eric, I have done the skeet shooting on the old Nordic Prince. It was controlled. You had to sign up for a specific time and I never saw anyone who had too much to drink allowed anywhere near the shooting area. It was done on the sports deck and only the persons scheduled at that time could be in the immediate area of the guns. I really enjoyed it and wish they would bring it back also.

In those days, BL(before lasers), you could also drive golf balls off the back of the ship. You did have to wear a tether so as not to fall overboard.

I think that the size of the ships (# of pax) and evnironmental concerns are what put a stop to those activities.

Just glad I was able to cruise at a time when a cruise was something really special and ships were smaller.

I like brn2crz (post #2) idea of wenches jousting on horseback. I would also recommend jello wrestling, and a wet T shirt contest. For families, and particularly those who are upset that they are not getting adequate discounts for their children, I would recommend "the loudest screaming baby" contest with the winner receiving free baby food and diapers for the family for the rest of the cruise. These activities would be more likely to attract the new cruisers that RCCL is aiming for on their mega ships.

Archived