Fascination and Victory to San Juan

cruisexlife

Fascination is scheduled for her usual Bahamas four and five day cruises in April 2016 if you look at the website.

And as we all know, Carnival never cancels cruises or repositions ships after sailings go on sale. :)

Fascination is scheduled for her usual Bahamas four and five day cruises in April 2016 if you look at the website.

Correct, and once they release the cruises from April 2016 to April 2017, the will show that the ship is moving to San Juan. Carnival could always cancel. My freedom cruise didn't even exist 6 months before I booked it, and my Liberty cruise should've been on Valor.

I think based on things I have heard and from past experiences that this happens:

Splendor goes to PC

Magic goes to NYC in summer and Miami in winter

Fascination goes to San Juan for a while and then back to Charleston

(or some other Fantasy Class ship - perhaps Paradise and then FS goes to Tampa)

Fantasy finally gets sold or moved to another Carnival owned line.

Triumph goes to San Juan permanently

Is this thread speculation or fact? It would be dissapointing if a fantasy class ship cruised that itinerary but maybe carnival has problems booking thatvcruise during certain months? I really enjoy cruising out of san juan, its my favorite although new orleans is a close second.

Until I see it happen I won't believe it.

HARBOR DEEPENING

Deepening the harbor is essential to meet the needs of larger cargo ships transiting the Suez Canal today - and the expanded Panama Canal in just a couple of years - as those vessels deliver cargo to JAXPORT terminals. A 47-foot depth for the federal channel would position JAXPORT as the first U.S. East Coast port of call for fully loaded New Panamax class vessels.

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) conducted a comprehensive, years-long economic, engineering and environmental study of the project. A signed Chief's Report for the project was issued in April 2014. In June 2014, the project received congressional authorization in the Water Resources Reform and Development Act.

The initial engineering and design work has begun and is expected to take 18 months. Deepening construction could begin as early as 2016.

If you go to the Manage My Booking link and choose Fascination, it looks like the ship will be alternating between a 4/3 day itinerary schedule on Mondays and Fridays after April 2016. It looks like Fascination is possibly moving.

Intresting. All the ships have sail dates until 2017 except Ecstasy, Fantasy, Imagination, Inspiration, Miracle, Paradise, Pride, Sensation, Splendor, Sunshine, Valor and Victory.

I'm bummed because there is nothing out of San Juan in April 2016. Unless I'm not seeing it??? We agreed to celebrate our anniversary doing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. I guess it won't be on Carnival.

They haven't posted any cruises after March 2016 from San Juan. They should be coming out soon - I hope! Planning San Juan cruise May 2016

Ahoy shipmates.

Many theories about future ports and a lot of good points made.

I think most cruise lines are making tentative plans in case things in cuba open up sooner than planned now. ( just a thought)

?? Fly to san juan and take a 7-10 day trip around cuba ??

Sea ya in gitmo ??

Ahoy shipmates.

Many theories about future ports and a lot of good points made.

I think most cruise lines are making tentative plans in case things in cuba open up sooner than planned now. ( just a thought)

?? Fly to san juan and take a 7-10 day trip around cuba ??

Sea ya in gitmo ??

It's gonna be a while before leisure travel can go to Cuba, they're still looking at shipping and business. Leisure travel is last on that chain, especially since Cuba can rely without American travel. This move is only helping them.

You can get from Miami to Havana overnight, and go East or West in the Caribbean, or circle around Cuba. So while a longer cruise that included both Cuba and San Juan would be nice, it would be a waste to fly to San Juan for a 7 night cruise to Cuba. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if the Ecstasy (I read somewhere that the Fantasy class is the only class that can dock in Havana right now until they expand their dock??) replaced Key West with Havana on the 4 night cruise, so it's Miami- Havana- Cozumel- Sea Day- Miami.

I will make sure I get to Cuba soon though!!

Ahoy shipmates

yes , i'm biased. I live in jax, 15min from port and cruise about once or twice every two months.

Never had a bad trip on the fascination, and it almost always leaves port with no empty cabins year round. Jax is a money maker for an older smaller ship in the carnival fleet.

We would love to see a 7 day cruise to ?? Somewhere occasionally.

Sea ya

It's gonna be a while before leisure travel can go to Cuba, they're still looking at shipping and business. Leisure travel is last on that chain, especially since Cuba can rely without American travel. This move is only helping them.

You can get from Miami to Havana overnight, and go East or West in the Caribbean, or circle around Cuba. So while a longer cruise that included both Cuba and San Juan would be nice, it would be a waste to fly to San Juan for a 7 night cruise to Cuba. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if the Ecstasy (I read somewhere that the Fantasy class is the only class that can dock in Havana right now until they expand their dock??) replaced Key West with Havana on the 4 night cruise, so it's Miami- Havana- Cozumel- Sea Day- Miami.

I will make sure I get to Cuba soon though!!

AHOY SHIPMATE,

i AGREE WITH ALL YOU SAID, WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE BIGGER MARKETING PICTURE WITH A 3DAY STAY IN SJUAN BEFORE OR AFTER CRUISE

WHEN CUBA "OPENS" UP THERE WILL BE A LOT OF TENDERING TO PLACES UNHEARD OF FOR A WHILE LIKE THEY ARE STILL DOING IN MEXICO. I LIVED IN GITMO FOR 3 YEARS AND NEVER WAS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE BASE SO AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ANYTHING NEW.

AHOY SHIPMATE,

i AGREE WITH ALL YOU SAID, WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE BIGGER MARKETING PICTURE WITH A 3DAY STAY IN SJUAN BEFORE OR AFTER CRUISE

WHEN CUBA "OPENS" UP THERE WILL BE A LOT OF TENDERING TO PLACES UNHEARD OF FOR A WHILE LIKE THEY ARE STILL DOING IN MEXICO. I LIVED IN GITMO FOR 3 YEARS AND NEVER WAS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE BASE SO AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ANYTHING NEW.

Me too, really can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
San Juan is now one of the airports with the most flights operated by low cost airlines. Jet Blue, Southwest and Spirit all fly into San Juan, in addition to all the legacy carriers.

And about it being easy to get there, yes it's not as easy as getting to Florida but it's still pretty easy. You're normally one connecting flight away from San Juan as its served nonstop daily from most hubs east of the Rockies.

We cruised non stop on SW from Baltimore to San Juan for 134 each way per person. Well worth the air cost for the Awesome schedule from that island