Musical Entertainment On The Crown Princess

infantry

My wife and I took 3 short back to back cruises on the Crown Princess from January 22 to February 2, 2015. One of the musical bands onboard was the Rockin Paradise singing duo in the Wheelhouse Bar. This singing duo was one of the best we have come across in over three years of cruising. It was a joy dancing to their music. They have a wide range of songs that dozens of couples danced to well into the late evening hours. Both the male and female members of this duo have good singing voices and it was not only a distinct pleasure just to sit there and listen to them, but also to dance to their tunes. They have dance tunes of all varieties, from rock and roll to ballroom to country and werstern. They made our cruise thoroughly enjoyable and memorable. They should have been booked into a large dance venue, like the Club Fusion, because so many couples danced to their music that the Wheelhouse Bar dance floor was crowded virtually the entire evening. We strongly recommend this duo. They will be the musical highlight of your cruise on the Crown Princess and well worth the cost of the entire cruise.

My wife and I took 3 short back to back cruises on the Crown Princess from January 22 to February 2, 2015. One of the musical bands onboard was the Rockin Paradise singing duo in the Wheelhouse Bar. This singing duo was one of the best we have come across in over three years of cruising. It was a joy dancing to their music. They have a wide range of songs that dozens of couples danced to well into the late evening hours. Both the male and female members of this duo have good singing voices and it was not only a distinct pleasure just to sit there and listen to them, but also to dance to their tunes. They have dance tunes of all varieties, from rock and roll to ballroom to country and werstern. They made our cruise thoroughly enjoyable and memorable. They should have been booked into a large dance venue, like the Club Fusion, because so many couples danced to their music that the Wheelhouse Bar dance floor was crowded virtually the entire evening. We strongly recommend this duo. They will be the musical highlight of your cruise on the Crown Princess and well worth the cost of the entire cruise.

Have not heard this band on the Crown or anywhere else-yet- but I like it when a band made an impression on a passenger and the passenger gives them kudos on CC.

I love walking around a ship at sea and hearing LIVE music seeping from the lounges and people dancing or listening to them. It's just another great thing about being on a ship.

A nightmare (one of my worst) would be to sail on a ship where all the music was canned and soulless. It is going that way for the singing and dancing production shows in the Princess Theater. It's cheaper to record the show once with some good session players in Los Angeles. The timing will never vary which helps synch the LED screen on board and the drummer will never get wasted in port and fall out of his bunk and miss a show. You can feature the ship's show band in another lounge.

It's called LIVE music for a reason and the more good bands there are on the ships trying to entertain the merrier to me.

Norris

Edited by Bimmer09

Have not heard this band on the Crown or anywhere else-yet- but I like it when a band made an impression on a passenger and the passenger gives them kudos on CC.

I love walking around a ship at sea and hearing LIVE music seeping from the lounges and people dancing or listening to them. It's just another great thing about being on a ship.

A nightmare (one of my worst) would be to sail on a ship where all the music was canned and soulless. It is going that way for the singing and dancing production shows in the Princess Theater. It's cheaper to record the show once with some good session players in Los Angeles. The timing will never vary which helps synch the LED screen on board and the drummer will never get wasted in port and fall out of his bunk and miss a show. You can feature the ship's show band in another lounge.

It's called LIVE music for a reason and the more good bands there are on the ships trying to entertain the merrier to me.

Norris

Made me think of my last Carnival Cruise, everything was DJ even on the deck at sailaway. The entertainment there is getting to be the worse.

Made me think of my last Carnival Cruise, everything was DJ even on the deck at sailaway. The entertainment there is getting to be the worse.

So true! Loved the live bands of old on Carnival--such a loss for us when Carnival watered down their product.

Been cruising Princess and Celebrity a lot more recently due to the declining Carnival product. In November 2014, however, we gave Carnival another shot and though they still had DJ's on the deck at sailaway and throughout the cruise (including the main atrium at times), there was more live music throughout the ship than in recent years.

The piano bar singer was excellent for the first time in years!! Not sure if it's fleet-wide (we were on the Freedom), but I'm hopeful. There are things we love about each line, and Carnival's entertainment was one (Princess' food and pool decks is what we love about them!).