Nasa Car rental and ATV's

Karencruiser43

Anybody rented ATV's from this company, it is near the pier?

If so, how much for the ATV, how many people on each ATV, how long can you take them out for? and are they in good condition. How far in advance do you have to book. Any age restrictions. Where can you go on them exactly?

Sorry for all the questions, only I am enquiring for age groups from 12 to 60 yrs old. Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...

I've tried calling the number listed on the website from the other thread and got a restaurant in St.Martin instead. I've even tried calling other car rental companies for info on the ATV's to no avail.:mad: I have some free time tomorrow so I will continue to try to track down the info by phone. When are you cruising? If I am unable to find any info and I cruise before you then I'll post my results on our return. I cruise Nov 20th on the radiance. Although it seems that this company is non-exsistant.

I'll post tomorrow with the results of my findings, whether good or bad. Surely someone must know something!

Sandie

I called around today but a little too late. Several companies were closed already. I spoke to a computer tech guy from American Car rental and he said that there was a company right beside their store that rents ATV's but was unsure if teens were able to drive them. He didn't know their number but said if I call back tomorrow morning he will find out for me. I'll keep everyone posted. Its frustrating because half the numbers listed are wrong. In the meantime if anyone else has any info please speak up!:p

Sandie

Can you post some of those car rentals, I'm having a hard time finding one near the peir.

ONLY 8 DAYS TILL THE CROWN!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure which ones are by the pier but I'm think the ones with country code 599 are for the side of the island that the ship comes in. Again just a guess, not really sure. I found the numbers on the website www.st-maarten-info.com and the click on car rentals. The ones on the left side of the page are CC 599 and the ones on the right are country code 590. Hope this helps.

Sandie

Cruiseaholic926:

I spoke to a fellow from Arthurs car rental today and he said there are lots of places to rent ATV's but you must be 18 to drive. He was very nice and helpful and spoke good English. I am still trying to find a company that will allow teens (12 and 15) to drive. Will call around again tomorrow.

Sandie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back from St.Martin and did not find Nasa car rentals. There were several fellows selling excursions for Atv s when you get off the water taxi but they had age restrictions. Depending on how old the 12 year old looks you may have options. A few of the guys said that 15 and up could drive if you signed a waiver releasing them of all liability but they would not let my 12 year old drive. He looks 13 but cannot pass for 15. You may be better off to insist that everyone is 15 and older and go from there. They have singles and doubles so if most are over 15 than they can drive and the younger ones can double up with an adult. Depending on the number in your group you should be able to just walk off and book with one of these companies.

Also you should have adequate driving skills as you do go through areas with traffic. We drive ATV s all the time so my kids are very familiar with them. There are variations on how to shift gears and some are trickier than others.

We ended up going diving instead as my younger son only wanted to go if he could drive. Spoke to others on the ship who rented ATV s and they had a great time. If your kids don't mind if they drive or not than you will be able to rent with any of the companies. If you've never done it before than its best to do an excusion to ensure a good time. If booking off the ship you're looking at about $60 per person for a three to four hour tour.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip in April!

Sandie

• 1 month later...

Archived