Price reduction/on board credit question..

CnKinChatt

I'm getting ready to take my 2nd cruise in June & I keep seeing these threads about on board credits for price drops. I did book early saver..my question is this. I booked the very last available of a certain category of Cloud 9 spa staterooms. This makes me think that there might not be any price drop in my future..why would there be a price drop on a type of room they are no longer trying to sell? Am I understanding this correctly?

I'm getting ready to take my 2nd cruise in June & I keep seeing these threads about on board credits for price drops. I did book early saver..my question is this. I booked the very last available of a certain category of Cloud 9 spa staterooms. This makes me think that there might not be any price drop in my future..why would there be a price drop on a type of room they are no longer trying to sell? Am I understanding this correctly?

There would not be a price drop on a cabin category that is sold out unless someone cancels which would then create inventory in that category.

Well that makes sense[emoji4] So I should keep an eye on it, just on the off chance someone cancels? Or does the Early Saver program automatically apply any credit that may become available to me? Still very new to cruising and trying to figure it all out! Thanks for any input [emoji4]

Well that makes sense[emoji4] So I should keep an eye on it, just on the off chance someone cancels? Or does the Early Saver program automatically apply any credit that may become available to me? Still very new to cruising and trying to figure it all out! Thanks for any input [emoji4]

Nothing is automatic. If a cabin opens up and the price is lower than what you paid then you need to fill out the Early Saver form on the Carnival website. You would hear something back shortly after that via email. As to whether you keep on the lookout for price reductions......that all depends on happy you were with the price you got. If you got what you think is a good price and it is now sold out, I wouldn't bother. If you paid a lot more than you think you should have then keep looking and maybe you will get lucky. If you decide to think about upgrading, that would be the best reason to keep looking at prices.

Edited by Out to sea!

Doubt I would upgrade unless it was just a super good deal..and I'm honestly not sure if what I got was a good deal lol. Still a newbie to this...guess I'll keep an eye on it as I have time. Main thing I'm watching out for though is to see if a FTTF pass becomes available:)