Sunniest balcony location? Triumph/Victory

2 Dinks

We are sailing on the Triumph next year and looking to book a balcony cabin for my in-laws. They want as much sun as possible on the balcony. I have looked at all sorts of pictures on cruise deck plans etc. but was hoping to get some real world advice about balcony cabins that get more sun than others. We have sailed on the Victory but I like some shade so never really noticed whether or not there were balconies with minimal shade/covering. Thank you!

Edited by 2 Dinks

Definitely the spa cabins on the Victory. They have no cover overhead. Had that last November and it was awesome. Some are bothered by the fact that people on the serenity deck above can look down on you. Didn't bother us. Please note these are not cloud 9 spa cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzlover7

We are sailing on the Triumph next year and looking to book a balcony cabin for my in-laws. They want as much sun as possible on the balcony. I have looked at all sorts of pictures on cruise deck plans etc. but was hoping to get some real world advice about balcony cabins that get more sun than others. We have sailed on the Victory but I like some shade so never really noticed whether or not there were balconies with minimal shade/covering. Thank you!

I have stayed in an aft wrap balcony cabin on Triumph. Unlike the Spirit class ships which have a solid overhang partway over the balcony, the Triumph has a bar overhead instead. And of course having an aft wrap balcony means that you have a 50% chance of the sun facing your balcony versus a standard balcony where you only have a 25% chance of the sun facing your balcony depending on the ship's direction. Here is someone's video of an aft wrap balcony on Triumph. The balcony shots are toward the end of the video.

Have a great cruise!