Help with Large Balcony on Breakaway

Vacationlover2

Hey all,

I have 2 cruises booked on the Breakaway in large balconies. I have 9712 on both. When I look at the deck plans, the picture shows the balcony angling way in on this cabin. Does anyone know if it is accurate, is this balcony actually smaller than the other large balcony rooms?

Thanks!

Hey all,

I have 2 cruises booked on the Breakaway in large balconies. I have 9712 on both. When I look at the deck plans, the picture shows the balcony angling way in on this cabin. Does anyone know if it is accurate, is this balcony actually smaller than the other large balcony rooms?

Thanks!

From what I have read and been told, aft balconies are larger, and The 8th deck balconies are bigger than other decks.

Hey all,

Thanks!

The line that I think you are looking at isn't actually the balconies. Just look further aft and if this was the balcony line then those cabins would have no balconies.

I think it is actually the line of the outline of the ship on all floors. The but that you are taking as being the balcony is actually where the mini suites on deck 8 have balconies which go out further and can be overlooked by deck 9 rooms.

• 3 weeks later...
Marla,

Will you take pics and post them please?

Havent uploaded pix yet-but heres a little info for you:

Breakaway 9712 does have a large balcony-we had 2 reg chairs, 2 lounge chairs, and a table. All were there when we boarded, didn't need to request the loungers. Half is covered by balcony above, half open to the sky. 9710 has a small triangle shaped balcony.

The bed in 9712 is by the balcony-a little noisy if there's wind, but made for some beautiful lazy-day sunrise viewing. Also allowed a little more access to closet area. Bed was a little short for hubby, and he didn't sleep well. But, we have a sleep-number at home, so its difficult to find comfort when we are away.

The view is un-obstructed-except straight up-the room is directly under the bridge, 5 floors up. There wasn't any people-generated noise, as the room is at the very far end of the hallway, and not near or under any venues. Only noises were random ship-type. Occasionally heard the bow thrusters, could hear the anchor drop, etc, but as boaters and cruisers none of it bothered us. Only bothersome noise was you could occasionally hear the door to 9710 shut-no big deal.

I personally didn't care for the layout of the room as much as on Epic-only drawer space is under the "couch", and the closet space is difficult to get to. The closet does have shelf space. There is also a few cabinets around the room with small, irregular-shaped shelf-space-we stashed belts and other small items there.

Bathroom is on the small size, however it was still fine for my hubby at 6'2" and I. Just watch that first step into the bathroom! there's about a 4" lip at the door waiting to trip you!

Joenar was our steward--hard-working sweet soul like they all seem to be. I can only compare to our one Epic trip-Jose was a bit more attentive, a bit more "present" than Joenar.

All in all, nothing about the room made us need to call someone or whine to someone--we were focused on enjoying our room, the ship, the entire vacation. We hope you will find it just as enjoyable!!

Now, back to work and reality tomorrow.

Marla

(so not ready to wash the salt outta my hair! Bartender!!)