Sea-Tac to Pier 91 HAL Westerdam

Debz62

We need to book our flight into Seattle from SLC. Two flights available on the day of departure to Alaska. Hubby wants to book flight arriving in Seattle at 7:10am. I'd like to book the one arriving in Seattle at 9:30am. I believe we must be at the ship to board by 1pm. Wouldn't a 9:30am arrival at Sea-Tac, taking a cab to Pier 91 get us there in time. This is on a Saturday in May. I would assume traffic wouldn't be too busy. Thanks...first time cruising HAL, flying into Sea-Tac and going to Alaska. :)

We need to book our flight into Seattle from SLC. Two flights available on the day of departure to Alaska. Hubby wants to book flight arriving in Seattle at 7:10am. I'd like to book the one arriving in Seattle at 9:30am. I believe we must be at the ship to board by 1pm. Wouldn't a 9:30am arrival at Sea-Tac, taking a cab to Pier 91 get us there in time. This is on a Saturday in May. I would assume traffic wouldn't be too busy. Thanks...first time cruising HAL, flying into Sea-Tac and going to Alaska. :)

with Seattle , earlier the better. There still is a lot of traffic even on a week end.

Wouldn't a 9:30am arrival at Sea-Tac, taking a cab to Pier 91 get us there in time. This is on a Saturday in May. I would assume traffic wouldn't be too busy.

It will be fine (unless of course the plane is hugely delayed etc.) Bag claim in 20 min, 5 min. walk to the taxi/towncar stand, 30 min. to T91. If it's after 11 by the time you get to the cruise terminal I'd be surprised.

The earlier arrival would allow you to stop someplace for a little while, a pain with luggage, but wouldn't be any help at the pier where they'll still be at the end of the disembarkation process and/or resupplying the ship for your sailing. There's not much to do around T91 if you have to wait a long time.

You can take the light rail into Seattle downtown to Westlake station (about 40 minutes and 75 cents if under 65 yrs or about $2 if over) and then take an Uber or cab to pier 91. If you want a quick look at the Space Needle I think there's a monorail to Seattle center from Westlake, your rail ticket might work on that.

Why not take the Holland America Shuttle straight to Pier 91. It cost $29 but it is a simple unconfusing way to get there. When you go to luggage a HAL rep will be there to gather your luggage and send you on your way. Now if you want to see Seattle for a bit. That's different. But you didn't mention that.

We had a similar schedule 2 years ago on the Westerdam. Flew from LAX, arriving at SEATAC at 1130. Prebooked a cab through EastSideForHire which met us at the curb, was at the cruise pier by 1PM (1PM is the earliest you can embark, not the latest, which is 3PM as I remember). Cab (Prius) was $32 total. Ship took off at 5PM. We did the same when we returned home, met our prebooked cab at the curb and had no problems catching a 1:30PM flight home.

This is on a Saturday in May.

Which Saturday in May? Might want to look up your weekend and see if there are any big events or festivals at the time. Also, Sounders games and Mariners games.

...30 min. to T91.

I took MIL up there in May and it took a lot longer to get just from the downtown area to 91. There was traffic in weird places. I wouldn't bet on it being just 30 min. It could be (right now, nearly 11pm, it shows as 27 minutes but I'm not sure where at SEA they are ending) (and leaving the port after dropping MIL off took a bit because of all the other cars leaving), but I wouldn't *bet* on it.

Which Saturday in May? Might want to look up your weekend and see if there are any big events or festivals at the time. Also, Sounders games and Mariners games...

I took MIL up there in May and it took a lot longer to get just from the downtown area to 91. There was traffic in weird places. I wouldn't bet on it being just 30 min. It could be (right now, nearly 11pm, it shows as 27 minutes but I'm not sure where at SEA they are ending) (and leaving the port after dropping MIL off took a bit because of all the other cars leaving), but I wouldn't *bet* on it.

Okay, forty minutes. ;) I'd take SR 509/99 from the airport and exit at Western, then stay on Elliott up to the Magnolia overpass. Playing with I-5 and the Mercer corridor is a recipe for delay, especially if it happens to be on Memorial Day weekend, with all the Folklife people at Seattle Center.

I'm not sure how the SR 99 traffic to the stadiums will be handled during the spring/summer - at present it's almost impossible to exit northbound for Safeco or the Clink, but I'd be surprised if it represents a big risk of delays to get to T91.